Add a direct credit/debit note feature to webERP

Add a direct credit/debit note feature to webERP

Dear all,

            I've created a feature to credit small amount (the amount is set up in a script) to a specific customer with respective account directly.
            It seems a general requirements for most of these users. For instance, users can write off those small amount for customer. Or they can debit their customers for some service which has no benefit.
            I'm wondering if we can merge this feature to webERP?
            The same requirements can be completed for suppliers.

Re: Add a direct credit/debit note feature to webERP

phildaintree
How does the GL get updated?
Is tax handled on these too?

Logic Works Ltd - +64 (0)275 567890
http://www.logicworks.co.nz

On 02/03/16 20:15, ExsonQu wrote:

> *Dear all,*
>
>              I've created a feature to credit small amount (the amount is set
> up in a script) to a specific customer with respective account directly.
>              It seems a general requirements for most of these users. For
> instance, users can write off those small amount for customer. Or they can
> debit their customers for some service which has no benefit.
>              I'm wondering if we can merge this feature to webERP?
>              The same requirements can be completed for suppliers.
>              Thanks and best regards!
>
>              Exson

Re: Add a direct credit/debit note feature to webERP

Hi, Phil,

            Thank you for your reply.

            The GL should be updated as:

                                  Dr Account selected by users
                                     Cr Account Receivable account

              And currently, I have not consider the tax part.

Re: Add a direct credit/debit note feature to webERP

phildaintree
We can already create a GL credit note - I'm thinking this might not be
necessary....
Phil

On 2016-03-02 18:26, ExsonQu wrote:

> *Hi, Phil,*
>
>             Thank you for your reply.
>
>             The GL should be updated as:
>
>                                   Dr Account selected by users
>                                      Cr Account Receivable account
>

>               And currently, I have not consider the tax part.
>              Thanks and best regards!
>
>              Exson

Re: Add a direct credit/debit note feature to webERP

Hi, Phil,

           Thank you for your reply.
           Is there really a feature to do this? Would you like to tell me how to do this?

Re: Add a direct credit/debit note feature to webERP

phildaintree
Say you want to create a marketing give away code. You create a Z stock
category - say ZM the stock GL codes do not matter as there will never
be any stock.
Then define the sales GL posting to marketing and advertising and add a
dummy item of that stock category. Now produce a credit note for that
item...

Main Menu->Receivables->Create Credit note

Select customer

Select the dummy item etc....

On 03/03/16 16:15, ExsonQu wrote:

> *Hi, Phil,*
>
>             Thank you for your reply.
>             Is there really a feature to do this? Would you like to tell me
> how to do this?
>
>             Thanks and best regards!
>
>             Exson

Re: Add a direct credit/debit note feature to webERP

Hi, Phil,
           Thank you for your reply.
            It is a smart way!
            Is it more like a workaround?