Quantcast

AnalysisHorizontalPosition.php

Pak Ricard
Hi Rafael:

I've been playing with your new AnalysisHorizontalPosition.php script and looks very good. Thanks for sharing it!

Just 2 questions:

1) Why don't modify directly the GLBalanceSheet.php script, so the variation column and % column are shown always in the BS? Like this we should only maintain 1 script not 2 very similar. (I'm lazy, so that's why I always look for reduction of code lines to maintain).

2) On the % of variation, some attention to signs must be improved. I'm not accountant so not sure if I'm right or not.

Take the example below of a bank account. Last year we had -705.000 IDR (we owed the bank) and this year 4.745.000 IDR. The variation in IDR is right, but I dare say that the bank account increased by +773%, not -

1212121212Cash bank IDR4,745,000-705,0005,450,000-773%

but if the variation had been on the other side (from + last year to - this year), it would be correct to use the - sign). Also I guess it should be opposite for liabilities.

Regards,
Ricard

Re: AnalysisHorizontalPosition.php

Rafael Chacón

*** See http://unstable.verdorama.systems/downloads/AnalysisHorizontalIncome%20%282015-08-04%29.zip for attachment ***

Best regards, Rafael.

----------
Hi Ricard,

1) New script instead of to modify GLBalanceSheet.php script:
Two "local" reasons:
(a) Here, we plan to have a set of horizontal analysis (for statement of financial position, for statement of comprehensive income, for statement of changes in equity, and for statement of cash flows). A script to generate from one to all of them. The first step is to have a script for each horizontal analysis; the second is to create a script to select the horizontal analysis to generate (a “master” script) and to modify previous scripts (make them as “subroutine” scripts). Obviously, we have also to create scripts for a statement of changes in equity, and for statement of cash flows.
(b) there are different users between GLBalanceSheet/AnalysisHorizontalPosition and GLProfit_Loss/AnalysisHorizontalIncome. Each addressee wants to see some columns and others do not. This involves to turn on/off some columns. We do not want to complicate these scripts (especially the formatting).

2) On the % of variation, some attention to signs must be improved:
Yes, we are including a footnote to explain: (a) meaning of signs in Absolute variation; and (b) meaning of signs in Relative variation.
In case of the Horizontal Analysis of Statement of Comprehensive Income, it is easy to understand: (*) positive absolute variation = increases the Net Profit; negative = decreases. (**) positive relative variation = the amount of the account increases; negative = decreases.

I enclose AnalysisHorizontalPosition.php, if you want to test it and comment it.
I warn you that this script does NOT have sections 1 and 2 (I'm fixing this). This “bug” occurred because we overwrite sections 1 and 2 (we use a section for “Gross profit” with an income and a cost groups).

Best regards, Rafael.

[...]

Andrew Galuski

Reall6y looking forward to “statement of cash flows”

Best Regards,

Andrew Galuski

ResMart LLC.

817.615.2038 (Office)

817.821.0544 (Cell)

www.resmart.com

resmart_logo

Re: AnalysisHorizontalPosition.php

Rafael Chacón
Hi,

I added info to doc/ManualGeneralLedger.html for the horizontal analysis, but also for the next statements. I will appreciate if you can review the document. Reading those reports is not very easy, I am looking for a clear explanation.

Best regards, Rafael.

Reall6y looking forward to “statement of cash flows”

Best Regards,

Andrew Galuski

ResMart LLC.

817.615.2038 (Office)

817.821.0544 (Cell)

www.resmart.com

resmart_logo

Re: AnalysisHorizontalPosition.php

Pak Ricard
Many thanks rafael:

All clear now :-) I'll test the new script as well and come back to you if needed.

Again, thanks for sharing these scripts and ideas. it's always helpful to see and understand someone else's point of view.

Regards,
Ricard

I added info to doc/ManualGeneralLedger.html for the horizontal analysis, but also for the next statements. I will appreciate if you can review the document. Reading those reports is not very easy, I am looking for a clear explanation.

Best regards, Rafael.

Reall6y looking forward to “statement of cash flows”

Best Regards,

Andrew Galuski

ResMart LLC.

www.resmart.com

resmart_logo

Re: AnalysisHorizontalPosition.php

Andrew Galuski

This statement doesn’t seem quite right.

“The purpose of the statement of cash flows is to show whether the company got their money from and how it was spent during the period being reported for a user selectable range of periods.”

Did you mean to say

“The purpose of the statement of cash flows is to show where the company got their money from and how it was spent during the period being reported for a user selectable range of periods.”

Best Regards,

Andrew Galuski

ResMart LLC.

817.615.2038 (Office)

817.821.0544 (Cell)

www.resmart.com

resmart_logo

Re: AnalysisHorizontalPosition.php

Rafael Chacón
Hi Ricard,
You are welcome. Feel free to tell me any thing that is not clear as it should be (I'm an engineer, not an accountant, and not an native English speaker).

Hi Andrew,
Thank you, very much.  Sorry, it is a copy-paste and spell checker error.

Best regards, Rafael.