Care2x - webERP integration

mbislam

Hello,

I am Mohammad Badiul Islam studying in KTH, The Royal Institute of
Technology, Stockholm, Sweden. Currently I am engaged with a project for
Communication System Design (http://www.tslab.ssvl.kth.se/csd/ ) course.
Our team is consisting of 5 members. Project site is available in
http://www.tslab.ssvl.kth.se/csd/projects/0729/ . The mission of this
project is to facilitate for healthcare workers to take advantage of the
local broadband services offered by the ICT4RD Serengeti pilot, Serengeti
Region, Tanzania, Africa. Currently we are working on the integration of
Care2x (Care2x integrates data, functions and workflows in a healthcare
environment. It is currently composed of four major components. Each of
these components can also function individually. It is consists of HIS -
Hospital/Health service Information System, PM - Practice (GP) management,
CDS - Central Data Server, HXP - Health Xchange Protocol, Website:
http://www.care2x.org/) and webERP. We want to use the webERP for the
accounting and stock information in this purpose. We need e.g. some stock
information like item name, item classification, item price (es),
staff/member list. We need to import the Care2x daily cashier report as
account in webERP. Now we are in the beginning stage for this integration.
Both applications are developed using PHP and MySQL. We need to figure out
and formulate which tables and interfaces are important in this regards.
We are thinking to develop a middleware using PHP and MySQL to update the
webERP database directly and other way round for Care2x.

In the beginning stage we already figure out the tables in Care2x.  In
Care2x we need to collect all daily cashier reports for outpatients. Idea
is that all services a patient got will be invoiced and paid. Or invoiced
and assigned to insurance. That daily report, what items / services are
sold, additionally all services / items are assigned to an insurance must
be known on the accounting side i.e. webERP. So there is actually a
cashier point inside the hospital and the cashier using care2x for daily
work. At the end of the day, he has some money in his cashier point and
some invoices. We need to transfer the amount of money and the summary
assigned to invoice to webERP. The sum of these two positions might be the
total sum what has been like an income for the hospital. For inpatient we
think it is little bit complex. He/she stay's for some days in the
hospital and getting also services what will be not invoiced, like e.g.
the bed, bed clothes maybe food(what is e.g. in Tanzania not usual that
inpatient getting food). They have an own stock on the floor with items
what basically must not prescribed i.e. needles. But for accounting it is
interesting, because the hospital has paid for each needle what is now
used to the patient. In this moment we are focusing just the outpatient
sector, because that's more easy. There are just in- and/or out positions
what must be exchanged.

In Care2x from care_tz_drugsandservices table we could get all drugs and
services classified, also the pricing as well as selling price. These
could be the also list of articles what are available on stock.  Again for
stock information we can say all other functionalities like purchasing
lists e.g. is not assigned to care2x, these are generally functionalities
of webERP's stock.  In Care2x carecare_tz_billing and
care_tz_billing_archive tables are used for accounting. On care_tz_billing
there are all items listened what are attached to the patient. All
services he has been used so far. Now, in Tanzania there is the case, that
sometimes there is a difference between that what are attached to the
patient and what he can afford. Maybe he does not want e.g. 20 tablets,
maybe he wants to use 10 then he will pay for 10. Invoice is listened on
care_tz_billing. There is one column called "nr". That's the bill number
related to this table are care_tz_billing_elem. In that table all items
attached to one bill number are listened. One bill number: many items. On
care_tz_billing_elem each row are one item/service. If the patient has
been paid, the billing officer is pressing done. Then it's done. Now the
complete row set is now delivered to the archive. Then it will go to
care_tz_billing_archive_elem. Again if price==balanced_insurance then
there is no money paid on the cashier point. All is covered by
insurance_id. If there is e.g. price = 100 and balanced_insurance=50 then
there are 50 Tanzanians shillings in the hand of the cashier. So doesn't
matter if one hospital might be using percent-discount on some drugs, or
others taking "factors" like "if insurance has paid for it, take factor
3.5 for real price: 100TSH will be now 350THS invoiced to the insurance".
Now we can cover all whatever could be the requirement of reality.

Actually webERP system is completely new for me. We need to how webERP is
handling such data that I descried earlier. What tables are used to store
e.g. accounts. So the cashier of Care2x inside the hospital is just an
account on webERP. Where and how should these data been stored that webERP
can use it? If casher has 100 TSH in his cashier point, then this is an
income for the hospital. These 100 THS are might be 20 THS of registration
and 80TSH was the selling price of one pill (or whatever). So webERP has
on another account that the purchasing price of this pill was 60 TSH =>
Income of this item are 20TSH +. So somehow the "selling price" must be
inserted on some or one table that this result will be displaied
afterwards on some reports. Again on webERP all staff contracts will be
stored. Is webERP need of a list of doctors: What tables are used by
webERP to extract the first and last name of the doctors?  All other
information like contract start, end, and salary, whatever is not needed
on Care2x. If it is possible then please comment about the above
informations. May be webERP is using different keys for that items. Also
this must be available on Care2x side that there could be an exchange. All
these are our current goal in the integration of webERP and Care2x.

Our future aim could be following example: The doctor cannot prescribe
what is not available at the hospital. Therefore, all these tables must be
somehow synchronized.

Thank you for your consideration and support. Please inform me if you need
more information.

Best Regards,

/Badiul

Mohammad Badiul Islam
M. Sc. in Information Technology
Specialized in Internetworking
KTH, The Royal Institute of Technology,
Stockholm, Sweden.
www.kth.se

Re: Care2x - webERP integration

Tim Schofield
Hi Badiul,

There has been a few discussions on the care2x mailing lists about
integrating weberp and care2x. I did do a proof of concept of updating
weberp from care2000 and vice versa., however these discussions never
seemed to progress.

One of the problems I found was that care2000 does not work with php
5, and there was not the will (at the time) to make this happen.

However, I would be happy to help you along with this project as it
sounds very worthwhile.

Thanks
Tim

> [...]
> afterwards on some reports. Again on webERP all staff contracts will be
> stored. Is webERP need of a list of doctors: What tables are used by
> webERP to extract the first and last name of the doctors?  All other
> information like contract start, end, and salary, whatever is not needed
> on Care2x. If it is possible then please comment about the above
> informations. May be webERP is using different keys for that items. Also
> this must be available on Care2x side that there could be an exchange. All
> these are our current goal in the integration of webERP and Care2x.
>
> Our future aim could be following example: The doctor cannot prescribe
> what is not available at the hospital. Therefore, all these tables must be
> somehow synchronized.
>

> Thank you for your consideration and support. Please inform me if you need

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your input about the Care2x and webERP integration. Both
Care2x and webERP is running in “XAMPP-lite 1.4.12” in Windows. It
contains Apache 2.0.53 + MySQL 4.1.10 + PHP 5.0.3 + OpenSSL 0.9.7e +
MiniPerl 5.8.3  + SQLite 2.8.15  + PHPMyAdmin 2.6.1 pl3   + XAMPP Security
1.0.  We got this version with another open source application iPath
(iPath is the telemedicine application) website: http://ipath.ch. We
already integrated iPath with Care2x. I think this is the right time to
make this happen (Integrated Care2x and webERP).

Thank you very much for your consideration and support.

Best Regards,

/Badiul

> [...]
>> stored. Is webERP need of a list of doctors: What tables are used by
>> webERP to extract the first and last name of the doctors?  All other
>> information like contract start, end, and salary, whatever is not needed
>> on Care2x. If it is possible then please comment about the above
>> informations. May be webERP is using different keys for that items. Also
>> this must be available on Care2x side that there could be an exchange.
>> All
>> these are our current goal in the integration of webERP and Care2x.
>>
>> Our future aim could be following example: The doctor cannot prescribe
>> what is not available at the hospital. Therefore, all these tables must
>> be
>> somehow synchronized.
>>

>> Thank you for your consideration and support. Please inform me if you

Peter Moulding
One area where WebERP, XRMS, and some other projects could benefit is
the dividing  up code so there can be a generic to handling users. If I
run WebERP with Care2x or XRMS or Drupal, I want to enter contact
information once, not two or three times. When people self register on a
CMS, I want to use the CMS user table, not duplicate the data in WebERP.

Perhaps WebERP could have a replaceable module for handling users and
contact information so I can plug in an alternative to make interfacing
really easy.

The plug in would be similar to the way people plug in databases. You
often have db.php that then calls db-mysql.php or db-pg.php. You could
have weberp-user.php call weberp-user-default.php. I could replace
weberp-user-default.php with weberp-user-drupal.php for my installation.

--
Peter Moulding

Helping you help your customers

Web:       PeterMoulding.com
Web Architect:    Increase sales.
                   Retain customers.
                   Decrease costs.
                   Proven 1000% effective.

Re: Care2x - webERP integration

mbislam

Hello,

I need some information regarding webERP.

--->How webERP handle data for storing the account. What is the follow of
the data in this regards?

--->How webERP handle data for the stock. What is the follow of the data
in this regards?

--->Do we need to store doctor’s information in webERP? Which tables are
used by webERP to extract the first and last name of the doctors?

--->How webERP store data i.e. data flow regarding table?

Can you please comment about the above question? These questions answer
surely helpful for us to integrated webERP with Care2x.

Thanks,

/Badiul
Stockholm, Sweden.

> [...]
>> stored. Is webERP need of a list of doctors: What tables are used by
>> webERP to extract the first and last name of the doctors?  All other
>> information like contract start, end, and salary, whatever is not needed
>> on Care2x. If it is possible then please comment about the above
>> informations. May be webERP is using different keys for that items. Also
>> this must be available on Care2x side that there could be an exchange.
>> All
>> these are our current goal in the integration of webERP and Care2x.
>>
>> Our future aim could be following example: The doctor cannot prescribe
>> what is not available at the hospital. Therefore, all these tables must
>> be
>> somehow synchronized.
>>

>> Thank you for your consideration and support. Please inform me if you

phildaintree
[hidden email] wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need some information regarding webERP.
>
> --->How webERP handle data for storing the account. What is the follow of
> the data in this regards?

Customer/supplier or general ledger account? Guess you mean customer
account - the patient being analogous to the customer in a hospital. We
have a table called debtorsmaster that contains the billing details,
payment terms, currency, price list (called sales type in webERP),
credit status, limit etc - and a table with a many to one on
debtorsmaster for the various patients that could be billed against this
account - this table is called custbranchs - contains details, name
address etc of each patient.

> --->How webERP handle data for the stock. What is the follow of the data
> in this regards?

Stock in webERP encompasses both physcial and in fact any item or
service that is invoiced - the webERP stock could therefore contain
records for sugical procedures, examinations etc if they are billed to
patients/insurers.
Standing data for "stock" is contained in the stockmaster table - code,
description, longdescription, cost, type of stock (service,manufactured,
purchased, assembly, kitset) etc.
Pricing for stock items is in the table prices - which has a many to one
stock item in stockmaster - since it is inconjunction with the
salestypes (price lists), currency (if we a fully spelling this out also
the debtorsmaster.debtorno code and custbranch.branchcode) and the
stockid of the item that the unique price is determined.

Every time there is a sale a new record is created in stockmoves table
that shows when ever there is a transaction (invoice/credit note, stock
received, issued to work orders, quantity adjustment, location
transfers) related to an item - these records form th line items on
invoices in webERP. (There is extra interest with lot/serial number
controlled items).

The quantity on hand of an item is stored in the locstock table which is
a many to one record in stockmaster since the item can be at any one of
the locations (warehouses - hospital stores/pharmacies) - webERP
automatically creates locstock records for all items at all defined
locations. When invoices are processed locstock is decremented for
physical items (not for service items - see stocktype above) by the
quantity sold.

> --->Do we need to store doctor’s information in webERP? Which tables are
> used by webERP to extract the first and last name of the doctors?

webERP does not deal in doctors? Potentially if doctor time is billed
then doctors could be defined as webERP service items with an hour or
unit of time having a price and billed accordingly.

> --->How webERP store data i.e. data flow regarding table?

innodb tables in mysql. There is some more info that will help you get
started at:

http://www.weberp.org/3rdPartyStuff/weberp_db.png
http://www.weberp.org/weberp/doc/Manual/ManualContents.php?ViewTopic=Structure
http://www.weberp.org/weberp/doc/Manual/ManualContents.php?ViewTopic=NewScripts

http://www.weberp.org/

Phil

> [...]
>>> stored. Is webERP need of a list of doctors: What tables are used by
>>> webERP to extract the first and last name of the doctors?  All other
>>> information like contract start, end, and salary, whatever is not needed
>>> on Care2x. If it is possible then please comment about the above
>>> informations. May be webERP is using different keys for that items. Also
>>> this must be available on Care2x side that there could be an exchange.
>>> All
>>> these are our current goal in the integration of webERP and Care2x.
>>>
>>> Our future aim could be following example: The doctor cannot prescribe
>>> what is not available at the hospital. Therefore, all these tables must
>>> be
>>> somehow synchronized.
>>>

>>> Thank you for your consideration and support. Please inform me if you

meggle
Banned User
Hi Tim,

Hm, that's not really true... we're just on conception phase and comparing
the real need of an existing hospital in Tanzania. The final "todo list" is
will be next and it will start like Badiul described.

Actually there are also on the main head of care2x are now commitments
giving better support on PHP5 and up to 5.1 it's working fine. Next code
review, the biggest of the whole project ever, will base on Zend framework
to cover a next long term support. But on this review there are mostly all
basic layers will be replaced... beginning from adoDB what is used right now
up to MVC. But that's another story board and has not so much to do with
this project to connect HIS and ERP.

Also I stay in contact with Badiul and his colleagues in Stockholm. So
Badiul's questions are not a new ignition, it's based on some results we
have now. In fact, we'll start quite soon with that implementation! Sorry
and my applogies of being silent - now finally I had quite other tasks and
also focused on just basic conceptions.

Robert

> [...]

> afterwards on some reports. Again on webERP all staff contracts will be
> stored. Is webERP need of a list of doctors: What tables are used by
> webERP to extract the first and last name of the doctors?  All other
> information like contract start, end, and salary, whatever is not needed
> on Care2x. If it is possible then please comment about the above
> informations. May be webERP is using different keys for that items. Also
> this must be available on Care2x side that there could be an exchange. All
> these are our current goal in the integration of webERP and Care2x.
>
> Our future aim could be following example: The doctor cannot prescribe
> what is not available at the hospital. Therefore, all these tables must be
> somehow synchronized.
>

> Thank you for your consideration and support. Please inform me if you need

In the beginning I would like to thank everyone for their inputs. I also
would like to thank Robert for his input. Yes, my questions is not our
team’s new ignition for Care2x and webERP integration. Actually we are
working with Robert in the Care2x and webERP integration.

Thank you Phil for your input regarding my question
--->How webERP handle data for storing the account. What is the follow of
the data in this regards?

Actually I was talking about the holding the accounting information
regarding inpatient and outpatient in Care2x.

For outpatients in Care2x we need to collect all daily cashier reports for
outpatients. Idea is that all services a patient got will be invoiced and
paid. Or invoiced and assigned to insurance. That daily report, what items
/ services are sold, additionally all services / items are assigned to an
insurance must be known on the accounting side i.e. webERP. So there is
actually a cashier point inside the hospital and the cashier using Care2x
for daily work. At the end of the day, he has some money in his cashier
point and some invoices. We need to transfer the amount of money and the
summary assigned to invoice to webERP. The sum of these two positions
might be the total sum what has been like an income for the hospital.

For inpatient; he or she may stay for some days in the hospital and
getting also services what will be not invoiced, like e.g. the bed, bed
clothes maybe food(what is e.g. in Tanzania not usual that inpatient
getting food). They have an own stock on the floor with items what
basically must not prescribed i.e. needles. But for accounting purpose,
the hospital has paid for each needle what is now used to the patient.

My question regarding webERP: What tables are used to store e.g. accounts.
So the cashier of Care2x inside the hospital is just an account on webERP.
Where and how should these data been stored that webERP can use it?

Thank you for your information regarding the stock and other related
information. I found the database relation diagram
http://www.weberp.org/3rdPartyStuff/weberp_db.png. But unfortunately it is
not so clear. Is there any other documents regarding webERP database?

Best Regards,

/Badiul
Stockholm, Sweden.

mbislam@kt... wrote:
> [...]

> used by webERP to extract the first and last name of the doctors?

webERP does not deal in doctors? Potentially if doctor time is billed
then doctors could be defined as webERP service items with an hour or
unit of time having a price and billed accordingly.

> --->How webERP store data i.e. data flow regarding table?

innodb tables in mysql. There is some more info that will help you get
started at:

http://www.weberp.org/3rdPartyStuff/weberp_db.png
http://www.weberp.org/weberp/doc/Manual/ManualContents.php?ViewTopic=Structure
http://www.weberp.org/weberp/doc/Manual/ManualContents.php?ViewTopic=NewScripts

http://www.weberp.org/

Phil

> Can you please comment about the above question? These questions answer
> surely helpful for us to integrated webERP with Care2x.

Hi Robert, Maybe the email I sent wasn't put as well as it should have
been. The version I looked at (and it was a while ago - so I accept
things may have changed) wasn't compatible with PHP5. I am aware that
there is a new version planned and being worked on. My understanding
is that this is almost a re-write, as opposed to an evolutionary
change, to make the old version PHP5 compatible. Is this the case? My
apologies if I have this wrong, or have given a false impression of
care2x.

Thanks
Tim