Changing a serial number

rfthomas
Is there a means/utility to changing the serial number of an inventory item?  If we receive/create a serialized item and the user mistypes the serial number there is no obvious way to correct the error.  So far the only mechanism is to delete the item and re-enter it.  The problem occurs when there is significant activity involving the mis-serialized item.  Deleting the item does correct/update the item's history.

Re: Changing a serial number

gsavix
hi. please what is your version? are you using phpmyadmin? how many itens?

--
gilberto dos santos alves
+55(11)9-8646-5049

Is there a means/utility to changing the serial number of an inventory item?
If we receive/create a serialized item and the user mistypes the serial
number there is no obvious way to correct the error.  So far the only
mechanism is to delete the item and re-enter it.  The problem occurs when
there is significant activity involving the mis-serialized item.  Deleting
the item does correct/update the item's history.

Re: Changing a serial number

rfthomas
Our version is 4.13.1.  We do have phpmyadmin.  Currently it would be for 4 items.

Unfortunately, we did not catch this problem early enough in our manufacturing so we need to have some means of updating history or formally noting that a serial number was changed.

Also we are seeing inventory counts that are incorrect when adds and removes are performed of serial numbered items.

The user attempted to correct the problem by deleting the part with wrong serial number and then adding parts with correct serial number.  He did this 3 times and the stated quantity on-hand is 12 instead of 4.  HE was using the ability to make a notation when removing and inserting items so that there was an audit trail.

Re: Changing a serial number

Hi, Bob,

        You can use inventory adjustment to correct this problem. It's currently the only method available in weberp. I've developed some scripts to improve the serial no control facility before but it's not available now since i'm out of office in the following weeks.