Cheque no design

Dear all,
           I'm improving the cheque no part for payment.
           Currently, the cheque no is only available for GL account which as receipt bank accounts. The cheque No for the bank payment account is not recorded and only for cheque print purpose.
           I'd like to record the cheque no to banktrans table. But I have no idea why we has a input of cheque No/Voucher No on the GL payed bank accounts and recorded. Is there any scenario for this designed I'm missing?
           And there is a cheque for duplication of cheque no. In Hong Kong, the cheque no are only 6 digits, there are big chances for cheque no duplication. Shall we remove this constraint?

           Thank for you kind attention!

Re: Cheque no design

gsavix
hi.
imho cheque number must have constrain unique, and there lot of banks that
field is string, not only numbers.
others banks assign number sequence by 1 for every bank account so this
check number is bankcode, bank-agency, bank-account, bank-seqnum (6 digits).
cheque no/voucher we use like a bordero number, for 1 bordero number we
control n payments with cheque or voucher number (used like small
antecipated payments (travels, office materiais, petit caixa with limited
cash limits).

--
gilberto dos santos alves
+55(11)9-8646-5049