Quantcast

Copyright

Copyright – >It seems from what Tim says that we may have got this wrong since 2007. >weberp.org (the project) I had thought could act for the develop...
Hi Phil, If weberp.org existed as a legal entity (but you assure me it doesn't) and if the individual developers had signed over their rights to ...
weberp.org did exist as a legal entity by vitue of the statement ol intent. Not sure what you are taking issue with as I am going along with your ...
Hi Phil, Not taking issue with anything, just clarifying some points of our private correspondence you have chosen to make public without first ...
OK Tim and Phil, I don't understand what you guys are quibbling about! [rhetorical question - no response is solicited] This pro...
Hi Fred, I don't think any of the emails ever between Phil and me have anything to do with the GPL. I think both of us have read and fully under...
Tim and pre-emptively, Phil as well as the rest of the developers, I apologize to all for causing more grief on this matter - seems I have inadv...
Aguapop theme – Hi Fred, Have you tried the trunk code recently with your lovely new theme. It has been a bit of a casualty of the new code to display the main me...
Phil, I checked out stable as well as trunk - I do see that the trunk code changes the handling of the CSS - not just for aquapop, but for all ...
Phil, et al.: After digging through SVN for a while, it seems that the table structure of the page layouts got whacked with revision 4909. ...
Hi Fred, Happy to incorporate any mods to improve the cosmetics. I fear they have always been an after thought for me. I certainly understand it...
In this thread [1] I did mention at least a couple of times that the only problem on the changes to the user interface was that it seemed to bre...
Tim, It does not merely break the aquapop theme - rather it affects ALL the themes. Whether the degree of breakage is simply too small t...
Fred, this is just confusing, what do you disagree with? There are two statements, 1 The ownership of the copyright on any work belongs to the...
Tim, Your comments are rude and uninvited. You have made your position clear - fine. I don't share your position, and think we should maintain...
So you are just going to guess. I think enough said :-) On 31 Mar 2012 21:14, "Fred Schuettler[alt]" <agent86@...> wrote:...
you got it! Err on the side of caution =D On 03/31/2012 04:59 PM, Tim Schofield wrote: > > So you are just going to guess. I think enou...
I know Fred has said he is not interested in researching the facts or taking any legal advice but in case there is anyone who is interested, the...
maybe this is only a problem of nabble, but the aquapop discussion there is a part of the copyright thread - could you please start a new thread? ...
Hi Phil: I also don't like extra (or redundant) abstraction layers, but in some cases are much better than "plain" coding. Person...
yes it's not too bad I agree and a worthy goal but you take it too far and you end up with spaghetti IMHO. I'll have one of those ice'd beers too ...
But this was agreed with you weeks ago. Look back on the mailing list. Like the removal of the silly copyright statement was agreed with you wee...
OK, Contacting the FSF for some guidance might be appropriate at this point - I think they'll help clarify things. Tim, with all due respe...
Hi Fred, On 29 March 2012 16:23, Fred Schuettler[alt] <agent86@...> wrote: > OK, > > Contacting the FSF for some guid...
Tim, You are out of line - again. Your recommendations are inappropriate - it seems you are advocating without a license. Please stop just...
Hi Fred, On 29 March 2012 17:38, Fred Schuettler[alt] <agent86@...> wrote: > Tim, > > You are out of line - again. Yo...
Hi Phil, This extra level of abstraction was done after you had agreed on to it on the mailing list, and after I had sent you the code first. ...
Hi Fred and anyone else interested... My intent in publishing here is just to show the thinking behind the removal of the copyright weberp.org st...
Of course there is a valid position in Copyright - or "Copy Left" as the GPL implies. Just because there is no 'legal entity' as in a...
Well I do feel that these issues are in fact, relevant to developers whose IP is at stake here and this is the forum to discuss webERP project iss...
That's fine - I see your point. Certainly, if a book only requires a copyright notice on the inside cover, rather than on every page, than yo...
Fred: The relevant document here is not the GPL. I think for a start you have got yourself confused between patents and copyright. They are very...
I did attend a couple of classes on trusts and there is such a thing as an implied trust. With the developer agreement on the wiki it is possible ...
Setting up a foundation is complex and expensive and would achieve nothing unless we could attract large donations to it that could finance any ...
GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.html#TOC1> Version 2, June 1991 Copyright ...