Development discuss

Dear all,

              Thank you for your long time nice support!

              I'd like to commit some new feature to webERP. But I'm not sure if it's a general requirements or just a niche requirement. So your opinion is quite important. If it's a general requirements, I'll commit it to the trunk.

              1. Original amount and currency show during GL inquiry for bank account.
                 The GL inquiry will show the Bank Reference, Currency and transaction amount in bank default currency instead of  operation currency. It will help users to see the bank check no, currency and amount.
              2. Record suppliers delivery note No in GRN.
                 Currently, webERP has no records for suppliers' delivery note No. Shall we add a field to store it for yours who maybe need it? For instance, users' may use it to input supplier's invoice.

              3. Bank transaction
                  Currently, if we have multi currency, the bank account balance can be checked directly.
                  There are two option for us, one is add a current balance in banktrans table, just like QOH of inventory. Or we add some code to calculated in DailyBankTrans.php. Then the balance can be checked conveniently.

              If those features are needed, I'll commit it to trunk within one week.

Re: Development discuss

Pak Ricard
Hi Exson:

I am voting for 1) and 3) for sure. Checking the bank accounts in foreign currency is not user friendly nowadays. It has been in my to-do list for years :-(

We check the bank balance via reconciliation script but it's not the best way to do it.

For 2) we don't use it much, so not sure of its usability.

Many thanks for asking our POV and for being always there ready to help!

Regards,
Ricard

[...]

Hi, Richard

            Thank you for your quick response.

            For No.2, users need a link to communicate with suppliers when issue a invoice or return the goods.  For instance, if some thing wrong with the invoice, the users can communicate with suppliers with supplier's delivery note number.

           I'll add a inquiry screen with Tim's current table settings. Then users can get suppliers' invoice no, delivery note by GRN batch No or vice versa.

Re: Development discuss

phildaintree
Like the sound of 1 2 and 3!

Logic Works Ltd - +64 (0)275 567890
http://www.logicworks.co.nz

On 28/10/15 21:20, ExsonQu wrote:

> *Hi, Richard*
>
>              Thank you for your quick response.
>
>              For No.2, users need a link to communicate with suppliers when
> issue a invoice or return the goods.  For instance, if some thing wrong with
> the invoice, the users can communicate with suppliers with supplier's
> delivery note number.
>
>             I'll add a inquiry screen with Tim's current table settings. Then
> users can get suppliers' invoice no, delivery note by GRN batch No or vice
> versa.
>
>            Thanks and best regards!
>
>            Exson

Re: Development discuss

gsavix
Hi. +1 for 1, 2 and 3.

Like the sound of 1 2 and 3!

Logic Works Ltd - <a href="tel:%2B64%20%280%29275%20567890" value="+64275567890">+64 (0)275 567890
http://www.logicworks.co.nz

On 28/10/15 21:20, ExsonQu wrote:
> *Hi, Richard*
>
>              Thank you for your quick response.
>
>              For No.2, users need a link to communicate with suppliers when
> issue a invoice or return the goods.  For instance, if some thing wrong with
> the invoice, the users can communicate with suppliers with supplier's
> delivery note number.
>
>             I'll add a inquiry screen with Tim's current table settings. Then
> users can get suppliers' invoice no, delivery note by GRN batch No or vice
> versa.
>
>            Thanks and best regards!
>
>            Exson

gilberto dos santos alves
+55(11)9-8646-5049
sao paulo - sp - brasil

Re: Development discuss

Rafael Chacón

Hi,

Always, I agree with having new features. In the worst case, we have to add a turn on/off setup option for a new feature.

Go ahead!

Regards, Rafael.

El 28/10/2015 07:49, "gilberto dos santos alves" <[hidden email]> escribió:
Hi. +1 for 1, 2 and 3.

Like the sound of 1 2 and 3!

Logic Works Ltd - <a href="tel:%2B64%20%280%29275%20567890" value="+64275567890" target="_blank">+64 (0)275 567890
http://www.logicworks.co.nz

On 28/10/15 21:20, ExsonQu wrote:
> *Hi, Richard*
>
>              Thank you for your quick response.
>
>              For No.2, users need a link to communicate with suppliers when
> issue a invoice or return the goods.  For instance, if some thing wrong with
> the invoice, the users can communicate with suppliers with supplier's
> delivery note number.
>
>             I'll add a inquiry screen with Tim's current table settings. Then
> users can get suppliers' invoice no, delivery note by GRN batch No or vice
> versa.
>
>            Thanks and best regards!
>
>            Exson

gilberto dos santos alves
+55(11)9-8646-5049
sao paulo - sp - brasil

Re: Development discuss

rfthomas
I too am in favor of all of your proposed updates.

Currently we have not had to deal in multiple currencies, but we do need to correlate supplier shipments to GRN's.

Bob Thomas

Re: Development discuss - Customer code in stockserialmoves table

Arwan
This post was updated on .
ExsonQu,

Thank you for your great contributions to webERP development

while you make the proposed changes, is it possible to add a
customer code field in the stockserialmoves table and have the
serial numbers issuing PHP script update it so what there is a way
of tracking which serial numbers are with which customer ?

Thanks in advance

Arwan
WebTech Resources
Nairobi Kenya
+254 724659244
Email  :info@weberp.co.ke
WEB  :weberp.co.ke

Re: Development discuss - Customer code in stockserialmoves table

Hi, Arwan,

           I'm not very sure about your requirement. If you want to know where those serialized items gone, we can add a new inquiry scripts to show it.
          But I do not understand why we should add a field to this table. If you need to reserve it during issue a sales orders, we do not need to add a special field for it.
           I've create a feature of auto pull and conservation serialized items by FIFO at issuing a new sales orders. But I cannot public it currently.

Re: Development discuss

Dear all,

          Thank you for your feedback!!

         Now those feature is completed and commit to the trunk.

         Since the local currency and bank account currency can be reviewed at Daily bank transaction as Tim point out, I've only improved the DailyBankTransactions.php, and make the Bank account balance, and GL narrative available during the inquiry.
         And suppliers'  delivery note No can be input during goods receiving. And the GRN, delivery note and PO No and Supplier's invoice can be inquired with a new inquiry scripts.

         Thank you for all of your help!!

Re: Development discuss - Customer code in stockserialmoves table

rfthomas
This post was updated on .
We had posted such a report (Serialized inventory at customers) a couple of years ago.  We have attached the export of this report function.

Ser.txt

You can import this report into webERP via the "Report Builder Tool" in the Set-up menu.

We have written a number of reports to track inventory at customers and in manufacturing.

Bob Thomas

Re: Development discuss - Customer code in stockserialmoves table

Hi, Bob,

          Thank you for sharing this!