Quantcast

GL transacction record could not be inserted because Cannot add or update a child row

GL transacction record could not be inserted because Cannot add or update a child row

Tyler
Hi.

I have just set up WebERP on a new site of mine. An apache sever running off Ubuntu Server 14 LTS.

We really just need to use the Inventory side of the program. When we use Inventory Bulk Dispatch all is ok. But when we Inventory Bulk - Receive we get this error:

Database Error 1452 : CRITICAL ERROR! NOTE DOWN THIS ERROR AND SEEK ASSISTANCE: The outgoing inventory GL transacction record could not be inserted because
Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`epictr4nsp0rt`.`gltrans`, CONSTRAINT `gltrans_ibfk_1` FOREIGN KEY (`account`) REFERENCES `chartmaster` (`accountcode`))
Database SQL Failure : The following SQL to insert records was used
INSERT INTO gltrans ( periodno, trandate, type, typeno, account, narrative, amount) VALUES ('0','2015-11-12',16,'20','H69','H69 - B9M001 x 40 @ 43.0000','-1720')
Database Rollback Due to Error Above : Rolling Back Transaction OK

Please note gl codes may have been added when the items were created, would that have anything to do with this error. We have not touched the GL side...

Thank you for your time.

Re: GL transacction record could not be inserted because Cannot add or update a child row

gsavix
you have downloaded last version from sourceforge? your version is 4.11.x or is your version for we try to reproduce your issue.
thanks.

[...]

gilberto dos santos alves
+55(11)9-8646-5049
sao paulo - sp - brasil

Re: GL transacction record could not be inserted because Cannot add or update a child row

Tyler

It was the latest version.

The problem is fixed thank you, we had added non existant gl codes to locations we made. Deleted every gl code on the database in Location table fixed the problem for me!

Thank you for your time.

On 14 Nov 2015 12:48 PM, "gsavix [via webERP accounting]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

NAML

Re: GL transacction record could not be inserted because Cannot add or update a child row

Hi, Tyler,

           I think it's a setting problem.

          Just set the last three items in setup=>company preference to 'No', You problem will be solved. And this setting will make your system run fast.

Re: GL transacction record could not be inserted because Cannot add or update a child row

Tyler

Thank you!

On 14 Nov 2015 2:27 PM, "ExsonQu [via webERP accounting]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, Tyler,

           I think it's a setting problem.

          Just set the last three items in setup=>company preference to 'No', You problem will be solved. And this setting will make your system run fast.

To unsubscribe from GL transacction record could not be inserted because Cannot add or update a child row, click here.
NAML