Quantcast

Geocode Google Maps. Displays blank box.

Geocode Google Maps. Displays blank box.

wertthey
I have given this a few tries over the years; to use Google Maps and  have not had alot of luck. The issue had generally been on my side with the Google API.

I just tried again, Ive been able to successfully get what I need configured.  It appears as though I am set with the Geocode Maintenance and also Enabled "Geocode Customers and Suppliers:" under the System Parameter.

When I ran the "Run GeoCode process (may take a long time)", all of my Vendors and Customers successfully got a lat and long.   ( I verified that in my database.),

What is odd, is that I get a box for the map but it is blank.    I checked the forums and have not found alot of ideas.   Going through the Google API channels it seems like I have things setup properly.

Has anyone ran across this before?  I hope I am not missing something obvious, is there a json or something chunk of extra code I am missing?

I am running on webERP version 4.11.5  Ubuntu Server 14.04 64 bit
Using weberp since 2004, Thanks for all your hard work!

Re: Geocode Google Maps. Displays blank box.

gsavix
Hi. my last tests with this, 2014 i have modifications because google do not need more any api.
You could direct inquiries and get results with json, xml format.
I find warnings that today google only limit number of interactions, some about (1 minute * 60min * 24hours) but i never used this limits by day.
Here [1] we get json return and here [2] we get xml.
See that url are encode %20 (blank space). this is a example with park downtown sp, brazil.

[...]

<http://weberp-accounting.1478800.n4.nabble.com/file/n4658495/BlankMap.jpg>

I am running on webERP version 4.11.5  Ubuntu Server 14.04 64 bit

-----
Using weberp since 2004, Thanks for all your hard work!

gilberto dos santos alves
+55(11)9-8646-5049
sao paulo - sp - brasil

Re: Geocode Google Maps. Displays blank box.

Edison Bustillos
hola,

Talvez pueden ayudarme a traducir weberp a español.

Esta instalado bajo windows con WampServer Version 2.5

SAludos,
Edison

[...]

after login with user admin, go to uper left side of your screen select your user profile and choose what language you want. i think es already there.
if there are any doubt go to weberp.org and make your testes on your language.

[...]

t1user.png (34K) Download Attachment

Re: Geocode Google Maps. Displays blank box.

dcshort
Hi

I hacked this to work a few years back. If your geocode scripts are working you could try the hacked php scripts attached. You would need to put your own url in 'displaymap' code.

Regards

David Short  -  Engineer

DC Short Ltd
135 Pilkington Rd, Panmure, Auckland, New Zealand
T:  +64 9 570 5661
M: +64 21 497 901
E: [hidden email]
W: www.dcshort.com

The information contained in this email message is privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual/s named above.  If the reader of the message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by telephone or return email.

geocode_genxml_customers.php (2K) Download Attachment
geo_displaymap_customers.php (7K) Download Attachment

Re: Geocode Google Maps. Displays blank box.

hi.

on this url [1] you find weberp spanish. I have a look and 85% already translated. status say 10727 strings.

remain untranslated 1540.
these lines are from header of ref. file:

"Javier De Lorenzo-Cáceres <[hidden email]>, 2009"
"Last-Translator: Rafael Chacon <[hidden email]>\n"
"Project-Id-Version: webERP 4.12.2\n"
"POT-Creation-Date: 2015-12-29 12:33-0600\n"
"PO-Revision-Date: 2016-01-20 11:40-0600\n"
"Last-Translator: Rafael Chacon <[hidden email]>\n"
"Language: es_ES\n"

weberp use a gettext format [2], very solid translation model/system.

there are many options for translation.

you could use program open source poedit (work for windows too) download and install.

download [1] and using poedit things are more easy.

after some translations use poedit validation that create a .mo binary file to make sure
all things is ok.

put .mo and .po on your ../locale/es_ES.utf8/LC_MESSAGES/ folder
be carefull about your windows environment your files must be saved with utf8 encode or iso-unicode (iso-8859-1 or iso-8859-2) (windows use win1250, win1252, etc) make some testes and see if your non ascii chars are well displayed.

verify what is your windows locale page on your browser.

Weblate [3],[4] transifex,[5] launchpad (ubuntu) are stable free websites for online web-base tools.

regards.

[...]

thanks. until next weekend i will make tests.

Hi

I hacked this to work a few years back. If your geocode scripts are working you could try the hacked php scripts attached. You would need to put your own url in 'displaymap' code.

Regards

David Short  -  Engineer

DC Short Ltd
135 Pilkington Rd, Panmure, Auckland, New Zealand
T:  <a href="tel:%2B64%209%20570%205661" value="+6495705661" target="_blank">+64 9 570 5661
M: <a href="tel:%2B64%2021%20497%20901" value="+6421497901" target="_blank">+64 21 497 901
[...]

using googleapis tutorial i have created this code fragments:

maps.js

function initMap() {
  var map = new google.maps.Map(document.getElementById('map'), {
    center: {lat: 0, lng: 0},
    zoom: 3,
    styles: [{
      featureType: 'poi',
      stylers: [{ visibility: 'off' }]  // Turn off points of interest.
    }, {
      featureType: 'transit.station',
      stylers: [{ visibility: 'off' }]  // Turn off bus stations, train stations, etc.
    }],
    disableDoubleClickZoom: true
  });
}

mapas.html

<!DOCTYPE html>
  <head>
      html, body { height: 100%; margin: 0; padding: 0; }
      #map { height: 100%; }
  </head>
    <script async defer
    src="https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key=your-teste-key&libraries=visualization&callback=initMap">
    </script>
    <script src="map.js"> </script>

please change your-teste-key to your.

after that put this 2 files on your server and make a small test calling

if your key is ok map is show.

if blanks screen please open your java console (chrome control-shift-i) and look for messages or errors

for example in my testes i get this message about referer but there are others, see [7].

after this we could prove this inside your php and make sure that things will work.