Help needed with pettycash workflow

Ismaila KANE
HI all,
I am looking for a developer that can help reajust workflow in the pettycash module of WebERP.  Anyone interested please let me know.

Thx

Ismaila KANE

Re: Help needed with pettycash workflow

gsavix
hi. please could you open ticket for issues on:
[1] https://github.com/stateless/weberp-cvs/issues

--
gilberto dos santos alves
+5511986465049

> HI all,
> I am looking for a developer that can help reajust workflow in the
> pettycash module of WebERP.  Anyone interested please let me know.
>
> Thx
>
> Ismaila KANE

Re: Help needed with pettycash workflow

Dale Scott
Is this the de facto official bug tracker? I seem to recall Phil saying on
the list (or maybe in the forum?) that the project didn't have a bug
tracker. Please elaborate why here.

Thanks,
Dale

hi. please be practival. post your issues how all world develop do github
tracker. when some one have one issue may be another human somewhere have
already have same reqs? this is the wonderful world web www ;>)

--
gilberto dos santos alves
+5511986465049

> Is this the de facto official bug tracker? I seem to recall Phil saying on
> the list (or maybe in the forum?) that the project didn't have a bug
> tracker. Please elaborate why here.
>
> Thanks,
> Dale

Rafael Chacón
Hi,

I suggest to post the requirements.

I agree: Someone might have worked on it, or may be working on it, or could
work on it.

Personally, I have not worked with petty cash module. So I do not have
experience on it. But if I can help, I will do.

Best regards, Rafael.

> hi. please be practival. post your issues how all world develop do github
> tracker. when some one have one issue may be another human somewhere have
> already have same reqs? this is the wonderful world web www ;>)
>
> --
> gilberto dos santos alves
> +5511986465049

> > Is this the de facto official bug tracker? I seem to recall Phil saying
> on
> > the list (or maybe in the forum?) that the project didn't have a bug
> > tracker. Please elaborate why here.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Dale

Hello Gilbert, I fully agree with you regarding the importance of a software
project using a bug tracker. I should have been more clear in my question,
which was "why should I use the github.com/stateless/weberp-cvs repo Issue
tracker?", instead of the many other weberp repos with issue trackers, or
instead of emailing the distribution list or posting to the forum. My
confidence the weberp-cvs issue tracker was the "right" issue tracker did
not improve when I saw there were no issues already entered, there was no
information on the purpose or intent of the repo, and the most recent commit
in the repo appeared to have been in 2009.

Before spending effort to enter a bug report in the stateless/weberp-csv
repo, I would like to be confident that my effort will benefit the project
(and ultimately me, by fixing a bug I presumably care about having fixed). I
would prefer the project use the Sourceforge Ticket tracker for project
clarity, but otherwise at least give clear indication on the project website
what is the "official" issue tracker. IMHO, I think this type of clarity may
be necessary before there will be significant update within the community to
use a bug tracker.
My apologies to the OP for hijacking their thread, we should create a new
thread if you want to discuss further.

To the OP, I suggest you first describe what problem you are having with the
current petty cash workflow, and also, if you have thought it out, give an
outline of a workflow that you believe would solve your problem. I am not a
developer, but a better description will aid developers to spend their time
more effectively. It is not clear from your email (at least to me) whether
you think you've found a bug in the petty cash code, or if you want to make
the existing petty cash code "better".

Cheers!
Dale

[1]
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/internals/contributing/bugs-and-features/
yes. this is a consensus.
since 2009 i do not find a unique place for write issues for weberp like
[1] or another good practices.
all we know that sourceforge and cvs. are very good but ... github ...
arrive.
regards for all.

--
gilberto dos santos alves
+5511986465049

> Hello Gilbert, I fully agree with you regarding the importance of a
> software
> project using a bug tracker. I should have been more clear in my question,
> which was "why should I use the github.com/stateless/weberp-cvs repo Issue
> tracker?", instead of the many other weberp repos with issue trackers, or
> instead of emailing the distribution list or posting to the forum. My
> confidence the weberp-cvs issue tracker was the "right" issue tracker did
> not improve when I saw there were no issues already entered, there was no
> information on the purpose or intent of the repo, and the most recent
> commit
> in the repo appeared to have been in 2009.
>
> Before spending effort to enter a bug report in the stateless/weberp-csv
> repo, I would like to be confident that my effort will benefit the project
> (and ultimately me, by fixing a bug I presumably care about having fixed).
> would prefer the project use the Sourceforge Ticket tracker for project
> clarity, but otherwise at least give clear indication on the project
> website
> what is the "official" issue tracker. IMHO, I think this type of clarity
> may
> be necessary before there will be significant update within the community
> use a bug tracker.
> My apologies to the OP for hijacking their thread, we should create a new
> thread if you want to discuss further.
>
> To the OP, I suggest you first describe what problem you are having with
> the
> current petty cash workflow, and also, if you have thought it out, give an
> outline of a workflow that you believe would solve your problem. I am not a
> developer, but a better description will aid developers to spend their time
> more effectively. It is not clear from your email (at least to me) whether
> you think you've found a bug in the petty cash code, or if you want to make
> the existing petty cash code "better".
>
> Cheers!
> Dale

I don't understand why you linked to Django, do you mean you would like something similar for WebERP?

I also like GitHub, and it took Sourceforge (and Subversion) a while to catch up. But today, I think a project can manage code and issues just as well on Sourceforge as on GitHub, even using San instead of Git (but I still prefer Git to have local version control).

> On Mar 30, 2017, at 6:17 PM, gilberto dos santos alves <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> [1]
> https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/internals/contributing/bugs-and-features/
> yes. this is a consensus.
> since 2009 i do not find a unique place for write issues for weberp like
> [1] or another good practices.
> all we know that sourceforge and cvs. are very good but ... github ...
> arrive.
> regards for all.
>
> --
> gilberto dos santos alves
> +5511986465049

>> Hello Gilbert, I fully agree with you regarding the importance of a
>> software
>> project using a bug tracker. I should have been more clear in my question,
>> which was "why should I use the github.com/stateless/weberp-cvs repo Issue
>> tracker?", instead of the many other weberp repos with issue trackers, or
>> instead of emailing the distribution list or posting to the forum. My
>> confidence the weberp-cvs issue tracker was the "right" issue tracker did
>> not improve when I saw there were no issues already entered, there was no
>> information on the purpose or intent of the repo, and the most recent
>> commit
>> in the repo appeared to have been in 2009.
>>
>> Before spending effort to enter a bug report in the stateless/weberp-csv
>> repo, I would like to be confident that my effort will benefit the project
>> (and ultimately me, by fixing a bug I presumably care about having fixed).
>> would prefer the project use the Sourceforge Ticket tracker for project
>> clarity, but otherwise at least give clear indication on the project
>> website
>> what is the "official" issue tracker. IMHO, I think this type of clarity
>> may
>> be necessary before there will be significant update within the community
>> use a bug tracker.
>> My apologies to the OP for hijacking their thread, we should create a new
>> thread if you want to discuss further.
>>
>> To the OP, I suggest you first describe what problem you are having with
>> the
>> current petty cash workflow, and also, if you have thought it out, give an
>> outline of a workflow that you believe would solve your problem. I am not a
>> developer, but a better description will aid developers to spend their time
>> more effectively. It is not clear from your email (at least to me) whether
>> you think you've found a bug in the petty cash code, or if you want to make
>> the existing petty cash code "better".
>>
>> Cheers!
>> Dale

Abel Guzman
Hi all,

I am just going to think outloud here and do not take any of this as RULE or me trying to impose anything. Is just ideas that I have picked up out there and they might be badly organized.

I was going to write a log e-mail about git and SVN, but better not… check this videos out if you have some time to lose:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4PFDKIc2fs <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4PFDKIc2fs>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yQlKEq-Ueg <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yQlKEq-Ueg>

There is even a hitter used git video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDeG4S-mJts <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDeG4S-mJts>

Regards
Abel

> [...]
>>> website
>>> what is the "official" issue tracker. IMHO, I think this type of clarity
>>> may
>>> be necessary before there will be significant update within the community
>>> use a bug tracker.
>>> My apologies to the OP for hijacking their thread, we should create a new
>>> thread if you want to discuss further.
>>>
>>> To the OP, I suggest you first describe what problem you are having with
>>> the
>>> current petty cash workflow, and also, if you have thought it out, give an
>>> outline of a workflow that you believe would solve your problem. I am not a
>>> developer, but a better description will aid developers to spend their time
>>> more effectively. It is not clear from your email (at least to me) whether
>>> you think you've found a bug in the petty cash code, or if you want to make

Hi Abel, I'm too pragmatic to believe it's all about which hammer you use, and I'm glad you included a video to present the opposing perspective.  ;-)   The truth for most people is somewhere in the middle.

I like the immense power git is capable of, but it's like a fast car. Do I need it? Probably not. Can it get me into trouble? Absolutely!

I setup my last project on sourceforge instead of on github so we could use subversion, because my partner (who is also vastly more skilled than me) didn't know git, and didn't want to learn. So I learned to use Subversion, and I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. However, I'm not rebasing code so it looks like we got it perfect the first time, we never edit files at the same time, we're not leap-frogging releases in parallel teams, we're not developing in multiple feature branches that all need to be merged, and I'm not maintaining major and minor release branches, as well as a long-term-support branch. Life is pretty simple compared to e.g. the Linux kernel, Drupal or Samba.

For our use, Subversion is not only just as "good" as Git, but using it has put the project further ahead than it would be if I had insisted on Git. The only thing I really miss is having a local repository, but my partner uses TortoiseSVN with a local repo for his daily development, and checks in a copy to Sourceforge when he's ready. It works for him.

Cheers,
Dale

> On Mar 30, 2017, at 9:31 PM, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I am just going to think outloud here and do not take any of this as RULE or me trying to impose anything. Is just ideas that I have picked up out there and they might be badly organized.
>
> I was going to write a log e-mail about git and SVN, but better not… check this videos out if you have some time to lose:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4PFDKIc2fs <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4PFDKIc2fs>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yQlKEq-Ueg <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yQlKEq-Ueg>
>
> There is even a hitter used git video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDeG4S-mJts <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDeG4S-mJts>
>
> Regards
> Abel
>

>> On Mar 31, 2017, at 9:46 AM, Dale Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I don't understand why you linked to Django, do you mean you would like something similar for WebERP?
>>
>> I also like GitHub, and it took Sourceforge (and Subversion) a while to catch up. But today, I think a project can manage code and issues just as well on Sourceforge as on GitHub, even using San instead of Git (but I still prefer Git to have local version control).
>>
>>> On Mar 30, 2017, at 6:17 PM, gilberto dos santos alves <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/internals/contributing/bugs-and-features/
>>> yes. this is a consensus.
>>> since 2009 i do not find a unique place for write issues for weberp like
>>> [1] or another good practices.
>>> all we know that sourceforge and cvs. are very good but ... github ...
>>> arrive.
>>> regards for all.
>>>
>>> --
>>> gilberto dos santos alves
>>> +5511986465049

oh! i forget advertise that power sourceforge if you do not know adblock on
browser use your network for receive lot of ads.
please if some one know where are issues documents for weberp i will read
to understand and learn! thanks.

--
gilberto dos santos alves
+5511986465049

> [...]
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4PFDKIc2fs <https://www.youtube.com/
> watch?v=o4PFDKIc2fs>
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yQlKEq-Ueg <https://www.youtube.com/
> watch?v=_yQlKEq-Ueg>
> >
> > There is even a hitter used git video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?
> v=CDeG4S-mJts <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDeG4S-mJts>
> >
> > Regards
> > Abel
> >

> >> On Mar 31, 2017, at 9:46 AM, Dale Scott <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> I don't understand why you linked to Django, do you mean you would like
> something similar for WebERP?
> >>
> >> I also like GitHub, and it took Sourceforge (and Subversion) a while to
> catch up. But today, I think a project can manage code and issues just as
> well on Sourceforge as on GitHub, even using San instead of Git (but I
> still prefer Git to have local version control).

Ok guys, I feel like we are going nowhere with this discussion and we could be talking about the same for ever… I can help with any path you want to take, I like the project because os some other reasons and the usage of SVN vs GIT is not determining on if I like the project or not, even when I think might be hurting project and it was one of the reasons I took so long following the project without acting on it.

About que questions of the workflow change that started the discussion was the change requested by someone or related to this and about the future works.
Do we have a roadmap for the project?
I have been trying to find it and could not, what is the direction we are supposed to go from here. What is the vision for the future? I am looking for something mode detailed than the guidelines and looking to the future.

Regards
Abel

> [...]
>>
>> Lastly check out this link to se the trends for last year: https://rhodecode.com/insights/version-control-systems-2016 <https://rhodecode.com/insights/version-control-systems-2016>Git reached SVN market share at the end of 2012 beginning of 2013 (About 40% each), now git is about 90% of the projects specially open source. SVN is going to die unless they do something SOON.
>
> There are three types of statistics....   ;-).  The Rhodecode plots show that Git is clearly preferred by specific social interest groups, but that is not the same as general market share. I'd like to see how many lines of code are being maintained in the various systems for comparison, considering a selection of active well-used projects. Also I suspect these statistics largely reflect open-source projects, which may only be 20%(?) (WAG) of all software development. I believe most software development is closed-source proprietary, and would not be well represented in the results, if at all. The last company I worked for used an internal Subversion repository, and no one outside the company would have known.
>

>> The reason are kind of outlined here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XpnKHJAok8 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XpnKHJAok8>
> I personally would not reference Linus for impartial unbiassed proof of anything!   ;-)
>

>> Regards
>> Abel
>>

>>> On Apr 6, 2017, at 12:36 AM, Dale Scott <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>
>>> My problem with setting up a Github repo for a group is that I don't see long-term viability. I believe there is benefit to a sole developer in hosting their own repo on Github for their own customizations, but also believe strongly that each Github repo must be considered a separate project because, if I understand you correctly, there would still be new code that would never be committed upstream, and also there is no "parent" project committed to merging back code from its offspring. While this situation is manageable for one person, especially with changes that are more "customization" than "core", and maybe also for a small number of people who agree 100% on what "best" code is, I just don't see it surviving as the number of developers increases, and especially if they are working to meet their own individual needs or their client's needs, and don't share a collective focus.
>>>
>>> There is no single right governance model, it has to come from the project members and their goals. I will concede that having a governance model isn't required for a project to be successful, but I also believe that it provides clarity and makes it significantly more likely that a group of remote developers with different skills and agendas will come together in a cohesive project.
>>>
>>> Does that explain my thinking any better?

I'm just a user but I'd say project direction organic and determined according to developer need. If you need a certain feature, you first propose and discuss it on the mailing list, then develop the feature yourself and offer it back to the project.