How to handle defect goods?

Dear all,

            Several times users ask if webERP can handle defect goods in Manufacturing module.  There are defective material and defective finish goods.
            For defective material, we can return to vendor for incoming defect. But there are no feature to handle those defective material which is caused by users themselves.
            For defective finish goods, sometime we will keep it for further judgment. Or it will be scrap later.
            The problem is that, if we set up a warehouse as a defective warehouse, these defect item will be calculated as normal goods and the item cost will be affected.
            Steven has brought up a idea is that we create a shadow warehouse, which only records the quantity of defect items and it will not involve cost and MRP calculation.
            Any idea is highly appreciated!