Install interface internationalize

12

Re: Install max execution time

Hi, Klaus:

            I remember that Phil said you can integrated datatable into webERP very long time ago. Maybe you missed Phil's message. Datatable meet webERP's goal that the Application can run without javascript.

           And I've installed webERP in Wamp too, there is no any problem. Is the problem from other settings?
You can check the save.php that your concern has been considered long time ago. And there is another possibility that php is run in safe mode. Then the run time setting is invalid.

            Thank you for your advise Klaus.

Re: Install interface internationalize

Tim Schofield
Hi Exson,

I agree about the service company, I just wasn't able to understand the language :-)

However, on the Chart of Accounts my experience is that most accountants want their own chart, and not to have one imposed on them. Indeed Sage (the biggest UK ERP supplier) provides no default chart on installation. Most companies are moving to webERP from another ERP system, so would prefer it if we allowed them to just use their old chart.

In the UK you can pretty much use whatever chart you want, whereas some other countries (I think Italy and France are examples) you are tied to a much more rigid chart. I am afraid I do not know the legal position on this in China.

My point is that I think we should use the minimal chart we can to get a user going in their particular locale, and allow them to build their system from there.

Just my 2p I will continue to use UK currency :-)

Thanks
Tim

ExsonQu wrote
Hi, Tim,

        I think a more comprehensive COA is better for those users who do not have so much experience with webERP. Then can choose those account they need and just leave others alone. But if they cannot find the accounts they want, they will feel the software is not suitable or strive to find way out. It's a high learning cost for them.

       Moreover, service company is small portion of erp's users. That means most users have to change the COA themselves. Does that make sense?

Tim Schofield wrote
Hi Exson,

Ok, I was under the impression it was just a general basic chart.

Most organisations want the ability to create a chart of accounts as they go, or import their own. For instance in my experience each manufacturing company may have the need of a very different chart, and I think it would be best to start off with just the necessary accounts and allow each company to grow it as they see fit.

What do you think?

Thanks
Tim

ExsonQu wrote
Hi, Tim:

     Thank you very much.

     This one only for service company.

     And if there is no other comments for installation. I'll code it according what I mentioned above.

Tim Schofield wrote
zh_CN_chart.sql

Exson,

Does this look sensible to you?

Thanks
Tim
Course View Towers, Plot 21 Yusuf Lule Road, Kampala T +256 (0) 312 314 418 M +256 (0) 752 963 325 www.weberpafrica.com @TimSchofield2 Blog: http://weberpafrica.blogspot.co.uk

Re: Install interface internationalize

Tim Schofield

I agree with Phil in that I would prefer to see small bits of JavaScript brought into the current code to improve certain aspects of the interface rather than wholesale changes to the coding style.

Thanks
Tim

ExsonQu wrote
Hi, Phil:

          Thank you for your prompt reply.

          I think it'll better to discuss the ajax issue when you create some sample. What I concern is that when we user ajax, the user do not need refresh the screen, and the data come from the server with json. But if the javascript is prohibited, the screen has to be refreshed. I'm afraid the interface should be redesigned to make it more nature. Since I've never done it this way, my idea maybe wrong. If there is simple way to do it, it's great.

          And concerning to MVC, I do not suggest this style. If develop things via ajax, it seems very nature to let the interface separate from the php scripts. The interface responsible to communicate with users, and ajax response to communicate with server, and the data transaction through json format. It's just request and response model and quite straight forward IMHO.

          It maybe need time to discuss it.
          Currently, I'm writing the installation code. I'll introduce php-gettext to translate the interface during installation. Then if there is translated language and users selected it, they'll see their familiar language. And theme of professional will be used too. Not sure if this design will lead any problem.

         Thank you very much!

Course View Towers, Plot 21 Yusuf Lule Road, Kampala T +256 (0) 312 314 418 M +256 (0) 752 963 325 www.weberpafrica.com @TimSchofield2 Blog: http://weberpafrica.blogspot.co.uk

Re: Install interface internationalize

Hi, Tim:

       I've got your position.
       Requirements from government are quite different around the world. So we need to provide different COA for different country/region.

[...]

Thanks
Tim

Re: Install max execution time

opto
Hi Exson,

thanks for the message. I didn't see Phil's post at that time.

I will have a look at some of the tables.
For new tables, it would be good if they have the thead tbody tags, they are necessary for datatables to work.

Install: I will retry with a new weberp version.
But it consistently did not work on several machines with the standard installation of xampp, wampserver and bitnami stack.
Maybe they use different settings than your wamp?
In any case, it is three popular PHP systems that show problems.

Or maybe it is windows? Again, consistent on Vista and win 7 32 or 64 bit.

It last occurred ca. 4 weeks ago with the version most recent at that time. I didn't try with the newest version.
thanks,

Klaus

Re: Install interface internationalize

Hi, Tim,

         As Klaus said before, users experience is quite important in this era.
         I'd like to hear more voice from the users.

Tim Schofield wrote
Hi,

[...]

       Is the bitnami a must? I have no idea about this.

      I had used Appserv to test the webERP installation before I released the stable one. All of them have been build in Linux and test in Win 7. I have also encounter what you said before, but it's before the install/save.php has been revised. After the max_excution_time is set to 580, there is no such problem. But it's quite important to find the reason of the problem. The windows OS has a different timing system to calculate the script execution.
      But if it's crash again and again, something must be wrong. You can create a very short weberp.sql file to test the scripts. If it's installed successfully, the problem may lie in the database restore.

      Thank you Klaus and any feedback is welcome.

Re: Install interface internationalize

Hi, Dear all:

         I'm preparing the extension must be installed in php. Currently, It only include following extensions:

             1) mbstring;
             2) libxml;(a default one, maybe we should not check it?)
             3) gd;
             4) gettext(recommend);
             5) mysqli(recommend);
         I noted that Tim has add the 'ftp' to the installer, I'm wondering if this one is really necessary?
         Any idea is highly appreciated.

Re: Install interface internationalize

web-ERP-developers mailing list
pretty sure ftp was only used for radio beacon wms export of orders for 3rd party logistics.
libxml
I thought we cld use without gettext if we used phpggettext  fall back? curl? maybe not nec but will  be for webshop.
+64 (0)275 567890 GMT+12
http://www.logicworks.co.nz

webERP Developers <[hidden email]> wrote:

>*Hi, Dear all:*
>
>    I'm preparing the extension must be installed in php. Currently, It
>only include following extensions:
>
>             1) mbstring;
>             2) libxml;(a default one, maybe we should not check it?)
>             3) gd;
>             4) gettext(recommend);
>             5) mysqli(recommend);
>     I noted that Tim has add the 'ftp' to the installer, I'm wondering
>if this one is really necessary?
>         Any idea is highly appreciated.
>
>         Thanks and best regards!
>
>          Exson

Re: Install interface internationalize

Tim Schofield
ExsonQu wrote
         I noted that Tim has add the 'ftp' to the installer, I'm wondering if this one is really necessary?
         Any idea is highly appreciated.
Hi Exson,

I took it direcly from docs/INSTALL.txt:

"- A working PHP web server - v 5.0 or later is required (it no longer works with versions prior) PHP must have support for mysql databases (either mysql or mysqli), gd, gettext (for translations), libxml, mbstring and ftp"

Thanks
Tim
Course View Towers, Plot 21 Yusuf Lule Road, Kampala T +256 (0) 312 314 418 M +256 (0) 752 963 325 www.weberpafrica.com @TimSchofield2 Blog: http://weberpafrica.blogspot.co.uk

Re: Install interface internationalize

Hi, Phil:

        Thank you for your comments.
        But does that mean we should use ftp?
        Since the curl is a module which not used widely. I'll not add it to configuration checklist until your webshop release.
         And the gettext will also not added until the bundled one does not work.

Re: Install interface internationalize

Hi, Tim,

       Thank you for your information!

       I'm confused by the php version requirement, the scripts test it 5.1.0. Which one should we trust? The document or the scripts?

        Thank you very much Tim.

Tim Schofield wrote
ExsonQu wrote

Thanks
Tim

Tim
Course View Towers, Plot 21 Yusuf Lule Road, Kampala T +256 (0) 312 314 418 M +256 (0) 752 963 325 www.weberpafrica.com @TimSchofield2 Blog: http://weberpafrica.blogspot.co.uk

Re: Install interface internationalize

Tim Schofield
I do think that we should recommend mysql >= 5. Not that I think anyone would be using 4.x any more,

Thanks
Tim
Course View Towers, Plot 21 Yusuf Lule Road, Kampala T +256 (0) 312 314 418 M +256 (0) 752 963 325 www.weberpafrica.com @TimSchofield2 Blog: http://weberpafrica.blogspot.co.uk

Re: Install interface internationalize

Munir
I personally would very much like more jquery being used in making the weberp interface better like frontaccounting does for instance. These days most countries are having much faster internet connections and browsers are getting much more consistent in how they handle javascript.

*Mu*

opto wrote
jquery:

it is not only json and ajax that makes jquery very usefull.

One other example, among others, is table paggination: there is a plugin that allows to customise tables (e.g. the product item table):

the user can choose which columns to display, in which order on the screen, in which columns to sort, can store his/her default view options on the PC, etc.
or drag and drop or multi-upload capabilities.

I think I uploaded an example of the table thing quite a long time ago.

While I can see that simplicity in hardware and software requirements is important in many parts of the world, I also experience that the optical layout of weberp and the user interface (al webpage entering) is a show stopper in a world where win7, win 8 and respective user concepts are dominant.

I see that my employees, for example, just don't want to use weberp because of usability issues and time needed to fill in web pages.

Sorry to say that so clearly, but compared to opennerp, adempiere, some work needs to be done.

As you can see from my previous post, I actually adapted the table plug in to weberp but felt nobody to be interested in it.

I would be glad if that and/or the approch to user interface and usability would change.
I can see that there may be a conflict using it in other countries on older/slower machines.

Klaus

Re: Install interface internationalize

Dear all:

           Thank you for your nice support!

           The new installer has been completed now. There is some new features introduced:

            1) Guess user's language and use the guessed language to set the locale when users first run the installer, then he can choose his preferred language.
            2) Get timezone automatically, so it will set a default timezone which maybe users need before users make final decision.
            3) Gettext compatible. The installation interface's messages can be translated now.
            4) Support mysql and mysqli together. Not require mysqli only.
            5) Provide a choice to install demo and new weberp together.
            6) Php configuration check and show warning messages and errors.
            7) Add a step to check the password, users and host for mysql is set right or not.
            8) Add a coa directory to store different locale, chart of accounts' sql file. To prepare for further localization.
            9) Integrated with Richard's admin user's mail feature to mail security messages.

             You can download it from trunk and test it.
             Any feedback is highly appreciated!

12