Make outsourcing manufacturing workable

Dear all,

            Thank you for your long time contribution to webERP.

            I've read a solution from Tim before about how to handling outsourcing manufacturing in webERP.

            The solution's frame work is clear. But to make it workable, there are still lots of work to do, here I'll list some of them and will find a solution for them little by little:
                1. Purchasing an non stock item with the normal item code. Currently, we can purchase non-stock item, but there are no stock code stored.
                2. Find a an acceptable cost calculation standard for them. It's a little tricky here, those items are untouchable, but we may need to separate them from each other when we issue them to work orders.
                3. Rework the work order issue part to make these non-stock item can be issued manually. Then the cost can be collected to WIP.
                4. Other feature needed like a PDF to issue raw materials to suppliers.
                As before, any comments are highly appreciated!

Re: Make outsourcing manufacturing workable

Andrew Galuski
Hello.
In this scenario is the company using WebERP manufacturing for others?  Or sending their things to somebody else to manufacture?

Best Regards,
Andrew Galuski
ResMart LLC.
817.615.2038 (Office)
817.821.0544 (Cell)
www.resmart.com

Re: Make outsourcing manufacturing workable

Hi, Andrew,

               Sorry I make a mistake!
               Here we just need to use the dummy item. All problem will be solved.

              Thank you Tim for point this out!

Re: Make outsourcing manufacturing workable

Dear all,

          Sorry for my mistake!

          It has been discussed before and Tim and Phil have given a details explain:

                http://weberp-accounting.1478800.n4.nabble.com/Subtier-vendor-manufacturing-operations-td4655540.html