Manufacturing process: Routing

Girish Nair
Hello,

A critical functionality for manufacturing industry is Routing which I could not find in webERP.
We would like to contribute towards this feature. These are the sub-components we have identified which would be needed to complete this functionality:

* Standard operations: Define standard operations with resources(item of type: service/labour) and its utilisation
* Routings: Define the steps needed to manufacture/assemble and item(item of type: Assembly kit/manufactured)
* Routing card: For a selected work order, display the material flow.

Would like to know if these features are already work in progress and we could help test it out.
OR Do you have any suggestions for open source routing software which we could integrate with webERP?

thanks and regards,

Girish,
InfraStack-Labs.com

Re: Manufacturing process: Routing

Rogelio Pedroza
Hi Team,
I´m integrating the manufacturing process and EBOM, MBOM between Aras Innovator and WebERP.
there are complete Manufacturing routing, tool, and Workflows into Aras innovator. The cons are it is open source SOAP Microsoft based (IIS, .NET, C#, MSSQL) but there are a tool to integrate with Aras that you can use fro php. (federated data, connections MSSQL-MYSQL, and another features).
I have already working in BOM´s whith BOMEffective valid from - to  and Workorders included into webERP.
Best regards!
Rogelio Pedroza
prosolmex.com

On Wednesday, August 10, 2016 8:58 AM, Girish Nair <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Yes this would be a good addition.

In webERP we can replicate to some extent labour requirements/routings
by using labour type items - these items are "dummy" items with no stock
movement - but can be set up as components in the bill of material
(effectively labour routings). These items can be added at different
work centres in the BOM. It would then be possible to report on the
demand for these items much the same as other items using the planning
reports/inquiries to get an idea of capacity requirements.

Phil

On 2016-08-10 07:55, Girish Nair wrote:

> Hello,
>
> A critical functionality for manufacturing industry is Routing which I
> could not find in webERP.
> We would like to contribute towards this feature. These are the
> sub-components we have identified which would be needed to complete
> this functionality:
>
> * Standard operations: Define standard operations with resources(item
> of type: service/labour) and its utilisation
>
> * Routings: Define the steps needed to manufacture/assemble and
> item(item of type: Assembly kit/manufactured)
>
> * Routing card: For a selected work order, display the material flow.
>
> Would like to know if these features are already work in progress and
> we could help test it out.
> OR Do you have any suggestions for open source routing software which
> we could integrate with webERP?
>
> thanks and regards,
>
> Girish,
> InfraStack-Labs.com

> What NetFlow Analyzer can do for you? Monitors network bandwidth and
> traffic
> patterns at an interface-level. Reveals which users, apps, and
> protocols are
> consuming the most bandwidth. Provides multi-vendor support for
> NetFlow,
> planning reports. http://sdm.link/zohodev2dev

Re: Manufacturing process: Routing

rfthomas
We would prefer a solution for routing that does not involve operating system specific applications.  The proposed solutions are Windows/Windows server exclusive and would not work on our system.

Everything that we sell that requires a BOM and/or Routing is either serial numbered or lot numbered.  Only simple items such as nuts and bolts are not tracked, although for specific customers such might become a requirement (we have to be able to track where such items might be found, e.g.. when counterfeit bolts are found, i.e. the grade on the bold head is false.).

In our manufacturing we have several possible routings to create a finished item.  The "same" finished item can be made utilizing several methods.

Our complete part code is as follows:

Drawing
Drawing_Revision
Routing
Routing_Revision
Operation

In general our finished part code is just the Drawing.  We need to track the exact derivation of each finished part, since components in the finished item need to be tracked and the exact sequence of operations, components utilized and work stations/sub-tier need to be known.

Each operation would have its own BOM.

The exploded BOM with suitable added information could create a viable routing.

Bob Thomas