More convenient feature for preparing goods in warehouse and confirm delivery

12

More convenient feature for preparing goods in warehouse and confirm delivery

Dear all:

          I'm considering to add a feature to make warehouse preparing the goods for sales orders and Accountant or Sales can know the goods are ready to delivery or not more transparent. The scenario is like this:

          1. First Sales select those orders should be arranged to delivery.

          2. Warehouse man check the order delivery schedule. And mark the order lines when it's ready.

          3. Sales(Or accountant) confirm the delivery and issue invoice according to the marked orders.

          4. warehouse actually delivery.

         Not sure if it's a redundant feature.

         Any comments are very welcome.

Re: More convenient feature for preparing goods in warehouse and confirm delivery

phildaintree
This is a bit like the picking list - with stock availability displayed
so you know which orders you can pick.

Logic Works Ltd - +64 (0)275 567890
http://www.logicworks.co.nz

On 27/03/14 22:33, ExsonQu wrote:

> *Dear all:*
>
>            I'm considering to add a feature to make warehouse preparing the
> goods for sales orders and Accountant or Sales can know the goods are ready
> to delivery or not more transparent. The scenario is like this:
>
>            1. First Sales select those orders should be arranged to delivery.
>
>            2. Warehouse man check the order delivery schedule. And mark the
> order lines when it's ready.
>
>            3. Sales(Or accountant) confirm the delivery and issue invoice
> according to the marked orders.
>
>            4. warehouse actually delivery.
>
>           Not sure if it's a redundant feature.
>
>           Any comments are very welcome.
>
>           Best regards!
>
>           Exson

Re: More convenient feature for preparing goods in warehouse and confirm delivery

icedlava
Hi Exson,

This would be useful to have as an option and would be used as main
choice for the webERP installs we have.

While the picking list is useful, it would be beneficial to have
Sales/accounts actually know the goods are actually picked  and be able
to confirm delivery will go ahead, and then issue invoice.

Thanks for your good idea!

Cheers,

On 27 Mar 2014, at 20:03, ExsonQu wrote:

> *Dear all:*
>
>        I'm considering to add a feature to make warehouse preparing
> the
> goods for sales orders and Accountant or Sales can know the goods are
> ready
> to delivery or not more transparent. The scenario is like this:
>
>        1. First Sales select those orders should be arranged to
> delivery.
>
>        2. Warehouse man check the order delivery schedule. And mark
> the
> order lines when it's ready.
>
>        3. Sales(Or accountant) confirm the delivery and issue invoice
> according to the marked orders.
>
>        4. warehouse actually delivery.
>
>       Not sure if it's a redundant feature.
>
>       Any comments are very welcome.
>
>       Best regards!
>
>       Exson

Re: More convenient feature for preparing goods in warehouse and confirm delivery

Dear all,

           Thank you for your comments.

           After investigate the processes, I found that webERP has not provided a Dispatched Note with printed actual delivery quantity. There is one which named packing note and dispatched notes in some interface. But the actual delivery quantity can only be written manually.

          In China and Hong Kong, lots of customers will not accept Delivery Notes with handwriting number. Since the prices are not allowed shown in Delivery Note, so the invoice cannot be used.

         So the dispatched note with actual delivery quantity is a must in my opinion. I'll add it later.

         And I've reviewed the picking lists too. It is designed concise and great. A think a html view should be available, and the actual picked quantity should also be recordable. Even we can use this to hold some goods for special cases.

         Thank you for the comments from Phil, Jo and Tim.

         Any idea is still highly appreciated before I start to code it.

Re: More convenient feature for preparing goods in warehouse and confirm delivery

phildaintree
A dispatch note with the quantities on is effectively an invoice.
If you wish to show the quantities but not the price/extending total
amounts then it is just a modification of the invoice script.

On 06/04/14 03:22, ExsonQu wrote:

> *Dear all,*
>
>             Thank you for your comments.
>
>             After investigate the processes, I found that webERP has not
> provided a Dispatched Note with printed actual delivery quantity. There is
> one which named packing note and dispatched notes in some interface. But the
> actual delivery quantity can only be written manually.
>
>            In China and Hong Kong, lots of customers will not accept Delivery
> Notes with handwriting number. Since the prices are not allowed shown in
> Delivery Note, so the invoice cannot be used.
>
>           So the dispatched note with actual delivery quantity is a must in
> my opinion. I'll add it later.
>
>           And I've reviewed the picking lists too. It is designed concise and
> great. A think a html view should be available, and the actual picked
> quantity should also be recordable. Even we can use this to hold some goods
> for special cases.
>
>           Thank you for the comments from Phil, Jo and Tim.
>
>           Any idea is still highly appreciated before I start to code it.
>
>           Thanks and best regards!
>
>           Exson

Re: More convenient feature for preparing goods in warehouse and confirm delivery

Rafael Chacón
Hi all,

My two cents: Here, in a hardware store, we have several people in the process with several documents (to prevent stealing):

Sales_man send >---(Authorised picking list)---> Warehouse_man >---(goods delivery note)---> Freight_man >---(goods receiving note)---> Customer's_man

For a "goods delivery note" we use the webERP picking list, signed by the "Freight_man".
For a "goods receiving note" we use the webERP invoice, signed by the "Customer'".

But, so far, in this hardware store, all the quantities in the 3 documents are the same.

Best regards, Rafael.

A dispatch note with the quantities on is effectively an invoice.
If you wish to show the quantities but not the price/extending total
amounts then it is just a modification of the invoice script.

Logic Works Ltd - <a href="tel:%2B64%20%280%29275%20567890" value="+64275567890">+64 (0)275 567890
http://www.logicworks.co.nz

On 06/04/14 03:22, ExsonQu wrote:
> *Dear all,*
>
>             Thank you for your comments.
>
>             After investigate the processes, I found that webERP has not
> provided a Dispatched Note with printed actual delivery quantity. There is
> one which named packing note and dispatched notes in some interface. But the
> actual delivery quantity can only be written manually.
>
>            In China and Hong Kong, lots of customers will not accept Delivery
> Notes with handwriting number. Since the prices are not allowed shown in
> Delivery Note, so the invoice cannot be used.
>
>           So the dispatched note with actual delivery quantity is a must in
> my opinion. I'll add it later.
>
>           And I've reviewed the picking lists too. It is designed concise and
> great. A think a html view should be available, and the actual picked
> quantity should also be recordable. Even we can use this to hold some goods
> for special cases.
>
>           Thank you for the comments from Phil, Jo and Tim.
>
>           Any idea is still highly appreciated before I start to code it.
>
>           Thanks and best regards!
>
>           Exson

Re: More convenient feature for preparing goods in warehouse and confirm delivery

Hi, Phil,

            You're right. And I've same comments from Tim too. Thank you very much.

            But things a little difference in China. Usually the delivery note is in B5 size, so we have to create a different layout. I think there are other Asia country also need this size.

Re: More convenient feature for preparing goods in warehouse and confirm delivery

Hi, Rafael,

       Thank you for your 2 cents.

       I'm wondering the same quantity is printed from webERP directly? Or it's hand writing?

Re: More convenient feature for preparing goods in warehouse and confirm delivery

Rafael Chacón
Hi Exson,

So far, this hardware is lucky. Up today quantities are the same in:
* Sales_order,
* "Authorised Picking_list" (original Picking_list signed by salesmen manager),
* "Goods delivery note" (2 copies of Picking_list. One to be signed by the "Freight_man" and kept by "Warehouse_man" as proof of delivery; The second signed by the "Warehouse_man" for "Freight_man"; the carrier must show this document to the guard to be allowed to leave from the facility), and
* "Goods receiving note" (sales invoice to be signed by the customer).
So all are directly printed from webERP directly (or photocopied, --"Goods delivery note"--).

But we expect that at some point they will be not (same quantities):
* Sales_order vs. Picking_list= if there are insufficient items in inventory. {webERP can do? Not used yet.)
* "Authorised Picking_list" vs. "Goods delivery note"= if the goods are sent by different trucks --carriers(*)-- {probably to hand write the differences}

(*) Note: Carriers are individuals with a truck outside (not in payroll of) the hardware store.

From my point of view, it seems very complex for a small business. But they had to do so to stop the thefts. Warehouse is audited with the Inventory >> Inquiries and Reports >> List Inventory Status By Location/Category. Differences are set against "Goods delivery note"s and Goods_Received_Note's).

Best regards, Rafael.

----------
*Hi, Rafael,*

       Thank you for your 2 cents.

       I'm wondering the same quantity is printed from webERP directly? Or
it's hand writing?

Re: More convenient feature for preparing goods in warehouse and confirm delivery

Hi, Rafael,

            Thank you for your suggestion.

            I copy some other people's ideas from weberp forum:
Tim wrote
               RE: Sales Order Processing
The paper trail should go:

[Sales Order] -> [Picking Note] -> [Delivery note
(AKA Dispatch Note)] -> [Invoice]

we have all this at the moment, but they are loosely connected. The
process should be more rigorous. For example the organisation should
choose what elements of the above trail they want, and then it should
be impossible to do the next stage, until the previous one is done.

Tim
<quote author="agaluski">
I agree with the flow. Per my needs and to comment on the thread Exson shared.
1) Pick List should show what needs to be picked AND what is available to be picked (Current inventory and Lot/Serials if Item is controlled) with lines for actual Qty Picked. Warehouse worker will write in the Qty picked of each controlled item.
2) Shipping person will update in the system based on the picklist as icedlava mentions in the thread (Update the table for the picking list) if Picklist is reprinted shows this as "Already Picked Qty" and only show open qty to pick if any
3) Packing slip is prepared based on the Pick Ticket and Qty/Batches in the system. Other shipping paperwork (Shipping Labels for example which I am developing). No inventory removed from system, no financial transactoin yet but Packing Slip shows Real Qty going out door
4) Confirm Shipment (Based on Picked Quantities). Mark Pick List as closed. Inventory reduced and Invoice ready to prepare. This is same as "Confirm Shipment and Invoice" script now but I think we need an option from the inventory menu because it might be a inventory/warehouse person that performs the Shipment (Like "Receive Purchase Order" except "Ship Sales Order")

Hope this helps. I am VERY interested in this functionality so I would be willing to help code or especially test and provide feedback if needed.

Andrew
</quotation>

Re: More convenient feature for preparing goods in warehouse and confirm delivery

rfthomas
Exson,

We are using the modification that you made to the cart that defaults to 0 for quantity shipped.  We cut an invoice using the quantity actually shipped.  We have modified the Receivables : Print invoices and credit notes to have a packing slip option.  It is the invoice with no pricing data.  I can provide you with the modified scripts.

It is not as smooth a flow as people have described but it allows us to generate proper packing slips and invoices.

We would really like the changes that have been outlined, especially allowing quantities shipped to be entered, a packing slip generated and then the invoice.  Right now everything is done backwards to our normal mode of operation.

We rarely ship complete orders.  There are usually three or more shipments, some of which are gated by weight and/or cost of total shipment.

Bob Thomas

Re: More convenient feature for preparing goods in warehouse and confirm delivery

Andrew Galuski
I'm interested in these modifications

Sent from my BlackBerry

Re: More convenient feature for preparing goods in warehouse and confirm delivery

Hi, Bob,

         Thank you for like sharing your modification.
         Please send me your scripts modified at your convenience. When I start to considering the improvement, I'm wondering how can I align those new features with current design. It seems redundant for some businesses.

         I'll manage to prepare a spec in May.

Re: More convenient feature for preparing goods in warehouse and confirm delivery

rfthomas
Exson,

I've attached a file with all of the patches that I have made to webERP 4.10.1  We only print invoices and packing slips in portrait mode.  We are having problems with the newest versions.  I will document those later (they all deal with creating bad PDF files - might be specific to our installation).  We have also written a script that flattens multi-level BOMS (attached).

patches.txt
Flatten_BOMs.php

Re: More convenient feature for preparing goods in warehouse and confirm delivery

Hi, Bob,

          Thank you for sharing this.

          I'll find sometime to study it.

Re: More convenient feature for preparing goods in warehouse and confirm delivery

russpeed300
Hi Exson, This would be great especially for dynamic environments where things get back into stock quickly. Or MRP functions done in batch formats every four - five days. We currently have the warehouse mark the pic, then send it to the office to bill. Then a few days later, audit to ensure pic and invoice match. The pic ends up kinda messy and mistakes do occur. I'm just wondering how it's going to be any different than doing it manually except the warehouse is now telling the invoicing person, no stock. Maybe, it may be better to allow warehouse people to flag or alert the office to "Nil stock" the item but inventory security may be compromised. I'll wait on you guys to think it out and talk it through. It seemed like a great idea at first but now it seems as a shortcut to circumvent bad inventory management on the system, which I, like others have. Cheers Russ

Re: More convenient feature for preparing goods in warehouse and confirm delivery

Hi,Russ:

     It's quite strange that you seems like to do it manually. But here in China, people like to manage it by system. Only delivery notes will be printed out.
     I think it's quite import for lot/serial items controlled items. Since if the house keeping is not so efficient, the lot/serial no must from warehouse, otherwise, it's a disaster for them to retrieve those items assigned in invoice.
    So we've design a new procedure: Pick (ship) request=> Pick Request Authorize=>Pick status(Actual quantity picked)=>Issue Invoice according to Pick request( Update warehouse items status)=>Pick Request(close) after actual shipment.

    I'm worrying about that this seems broken webERP's simple and concise style.

Re: More convenient feature for preparing goods in warehouse and confirm delivery

Andrew Galuski
Is there any update on this new potential workflow?

Best Regards,
Andrew Galuski
ResMart LLC.
817.615.2038 (Office)
817.821.0544 (Cell)
www.resmart.com

Re: More convenient feature for preparing goods in warehouse and confirm delivery

Dear all,

       I've prepared a table schema.  The work flow is the sales can create a Picking Request to Warehouse, the pr can includes multiple orders order lines. The only limit that they must be delivery from same location. The warehouse can pick after the pr is approved. When the pr is fulfilled, sales(A/R client) can invoice from these fulfilled pr. The pr can be fulfilled several times.

       Any comments are welcome!

           CREATE table pickrequest (prid int not null,
                        initiator varchar(20) not null default '',
                        initdate date not null default '0000-00-00',
                        approvedate date not null default '0000-00-00',
                        status varchar(12) not null default '',
                        comments text default null,
                        closed tinyint not null default '0',
                        loccode varchar(5) not null default '',
                        PRIMARY KEY (`prid`),
                        key (`initiator`),
                        key (`initdate`),
                        key (`requestdate`),
                        CONSTRAINT FOREIGN KEY(`loccode`) REFERENCES `locations`(`loccode`)) Engine=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

CREATE table pickrequestdetails (detailno int not null auto_increment,
                                 prid int not null default '1',
                                orderno int not null default '1',
                                orderlineno int not null default '0',
                                stockid varchar(20) not null default '',
                                qtyexpected double not null default '0',
                                qtypicked double not null default '0',
                                invoicedqty double not null default '0',
                                shipqty double not null default '0',
                                completed tinyint not null default '0',
                                requestdate date not null default '0000-00-00',
                                PRIMARY KEY (`detailno`),
                                key (`prid`),
                                key (`orderno`),
                                key (`pickdate`),
                                key (`shipdate`),
                                constraint foreign key (`stockid`) REFERENCES stockmaster(`stockid`),
                                constraint foreign key (`orderno`) REFERENCES salesorders(`orderno`),
                                constraint foreign key (`prid`) REFERENCES pickrequest(`prid`))Engine=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;
CREATE table pickfulfill (pickno int not null auto_increment,
                           detailno int not null default '0',
                           stockid varchar(20) not null default '',
                           pickqty double not null default '0',
                           invoqty double not null default '0',
                           shipqty double not null default '0',
                           pickdate date not null default '0000-00-00',
                           invodate date not null default '0000-00-00',
                           shipdate date not null default '0000-00-00',
                           pickby varchar(20) not null default '',
                           shipby varchar(20) not null default '',
                           PRIMARY KEY (`pickno`),
                           KEY (`detailno`),
                           KEY (`pickdate`),
                           KEY (`shipdate`),
                           KEY (`invodate`),
                           CONSTRAINT FOREIGN KEY (`stockid`) REFERENCES stockmaster(`stockid`),
                           CONSTRAINT FOREIGN KEY (`detailno`) REFERENCES pickrequestdetails(`detailno`))Engine=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

CREATE table pickserialmoves (serialmoveid int not null auto_increment,
                                pickno int not null default '0',
                                stockid varchar(20) not null default '',
                                serialno varchar(30) not null default '',
                                moveqty double not null default '0',
                                PRIMARY KEY (`serialmoveid`),
                                key (`pickno`),
                                key (`stockid`,`serialno`),
                                key (`serialno`),
                                CONSTRAINT FOREIGN KEY (`pickno`) REFERENCES pickfullfill(`pickno`),
                                CONSTRAINT FOREIGN KEY (`stockid`,`serialno`) REFERENCES `stockserialitems`(`stockid`,`serialno`))Engine=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

12