Quantcast

Printed work order and work order labels are blank pages?!?

Printed work order and work order labels are blank pages?!?

Dale Scott
Hi, I tried printing the work order "Paperwork" and "Labels", but the generated PDFs only have company logos on the pages, nothing else.

I created a work order, issued raw material, and received the output back into stock (but didn't close the work order). I searched again for the work order, and then followed the "Print W/O" link to print the Paperwork and Labels. Are the PDFs blank because I have already essentially completed the work order?

The manual is great for explaining the impact on accounts, but can anyone clarify some basics for me? (I expect this would be more obvious if the printed docs had ended up with content in them)

* When would I typically print the work order?

* Is the intent to use the printed work order as a traveller for the WIP?

* What are the work order labels for?

* What do I use for a pick list? (for picking the raw materials from the stock shelves)

Fwiw, if you want to see pics, you can see a skeleton draft skeleton of my manufacturing tutorial here:  http://www.dalescott.net/manufacturing-using-weberp/

Many thanks,
Dale

Re: Printed work order and work order labels are blank pages?!?

Dale Scott
Hi, no replies from posting to the users list last week so I'm also posting here in the hope someone will enjoy pointing out the error of my ways ;-)

I'm getting "empty" work order "Paperwork" and "Labels", with only the company logo on each page. I expect the answer will be suitably and annoyingly obvious in hindsight, but until I get this sorted I can't really give any manufacturing demos.

I would also very much appreciate some guidance explaining the overall work order process, and how the paperwork and labels were intended to be used.

Many thanks!

Dale

P.S. I updated the manufacturing walkthrough I'm working on to show what I've done so far. http://www.dalescott.net/manufacturing-using-weberp