Problem with ENTER CUSTOMER PAYMENTS

Arwan
Hi,

Am using weberp 4.12.3
a user needed to invoice the same customers both in local currency and USD so they created 2 customers,
one for local currency and one for USD

For the USD customers they wrongly created the customer code (debtorno) with a $ in it  e.g XYZ$

Apparently the system allows that and also allows sales orders to be entered for those customers with $ in their
customer code.

The problem is that now when they receive a payment and go to:

 RECEIVERBLES → ENTER CUSTOMER PAYMENTS

and try to select the customer making the payment, the error is displayed :

No customer records contain the selected text - please alter your search criteria and try again

I can see the customer in debtorsmaster, custbranch and debtortrans tables via phpmyadmin

even after I use Z_ChangeCustomerCode.php and Z_ChangeBranchCode.php on a customer then check the db,
the customer is there with the new changed code in debtorsmaster, custbranch and debtortrans but can still not be
retrieved the customer via :

RECEIVERBLES → ENTER CUSTOMER PAYMENTS

any ideas what could be wrong

Thanks in advance

Arwan
WebTech Resources
Nairobi Kenya
+254 724659244
Email  :info@weberp.co.ke
WEB  :weberp.co.ke

Re: Problem with ENTER CUSTOMER PAYMENTS

Hi, Arwan,

              Is the customer searchable in Search Customer interface?

Re: Problem with ENTER CUSTOMER PAYMENTS

Arwan
Hi Exson,

Thanks for responding

The user is using version 4.11.3 and created 6 new USD customers for already existing customers with customer codes (debtrono)  like MTFCL$,TTFCL$, MTF$, KAPTF$, KTFCLTD$, KTFL$

Then entered sales orders for each of them. Now payments have come and  in RECEIVERBLES → ENTER CUSTOMER PAYMENTS the USD customers can not be retrieved.

When the user enters the customer code in the search, it gives the error message above.  When all the fields I.e name, customer code, invoice Number are left blank and then click SEARCH NOW , it show the whole list of customers EXCLUDING the ones with $ sign in debtorno field.

I used  anywhereindb.php to find which tables contain transactions for the $ sign customers and found

TABLE                      FIELD
audittrail                querystring
custbranch        debtorno
custbranch        custbranch
debtorsmaster        debtorno
debtortrans          debtorno
debtortrans          branchcode
gltrans                narrative
salesanalysis       cust
salesanalysis       custbranch
salesorders       debtorno
stockmoves       branchcode

All the transactions the system creates for the transactions entered for those ($ sign in debtorno) customers are in the system and I can see them via phpmyadmin.

So it tried changing customer code and branch code for one of the customers

e.g from MTFCL$ to USDMTFCL this worked OK then when I searched again for USDMTFCL  using phpmyadmin and anywhereindb.php, I find all the transactions that were previously for  MTFCL$ have all been correctly changed to  USDMTFCL

BUT the problem persists the customer USDMTFCL can not be retrieved by RECEIVERBLES → ENTER CUSTOMER PAYMENTS  customer search and does not appear in the list when SEARCH NOW is clicked.

Note: I have uploaded the users data from version 4.11.3 to my current version 4.12.3 and the problem is the same.

What would I need to change in the CustomerReceipt.php search code to make it retrieve those customers either before or after changing the customer and branch codes, if they are the problem ?

SelectCustomer.php is able to retrieve both customers with and without $ in debtorno

Thanks in advanced

Thanks in advance

Arwan
WebTech Resources
Nairobi Kenya
+254 724659244
Email  :info@weberp.co.ke
WEB  :weberp.co.ke

Re: Problem with ENTER CUSTOMER PAYMENTS

Hi, Arwan,

       You may have received Tim's email. Is it what he said that you choose the wrong currency of the transaction?

Re: Problem with ENTER CUSTOMER PAYMENTS

Arwan
Hi,

Thanks for responding,

I have just seen Tim's email.... copy below
I still don't understand what he means by the "currency of the transaction"
I an assuming the transactions are those in debtortrans table but then I can not identify
a field in debtortrans table that determines which currency that transaction is in.
The only difference between local currency transactions and USD transactions is
that the field rate is 1 for local currency and 0.110245 (usd rate) for USD customers.

So I don't understand how to go about setting the currency of the transaction to the
currency of the customer as Tim suggests

Thanks in advance

Arwan

Tim Schofield <tim.schofield1960@gmail.com>
May 30 (3 days ago)
to me, ExsonQu
Am pretty sure this has nothing to do with the $ sign in the code. The
currency of the transaction must be set to the currency of the
customers account (presumably USD in this case) before you do the
search.

Tim
WebTech Resources
Nairobi Kenya
+254 724659244
Email  :info@weberp.co.ke
WEB  :weberp.co.ke

Re: Problem with ENTER CUSTOMER PAYMENTS

russpeed300
In the cust details, you have to stipulate the billing currency for that customer.

Hope that helps
Russ
sent from phone by Russell of Regal 2904503

I have just seen Tim's email.... copy below
I still don't understand what he means by the "currency of the transaction"
I an assuming the transactions are those in debtortrans table but then I can
not identify
a field in debtortrans table that determines which currency that transaction
is in.
The only difference between local currency transactions and USD transactions
is
that the field rate is 1 for local currency and 0.110245 (usd rate) for USD
customers.

So I don't understand how to go about setting the currency of the
transaction to the
currency of the customer as Tim suggests

Thanks in advance

Arwan

Tim Schofield <[hidden email]>
May 30 (3 days ago)
to me, ExsonQu
Am pretty sure this has nothing to do with the $ sign in the code. The
currency of the transaction must be set to the currency of the
customers account (presumably USD in this case) before you do the
search.

Tim

-----
WebTech Resources