Quantcast

Problems with Credit Notes

rfthomas
This post was updated on .
We have run into a number of problems attempting to handle customer returns via credit notes.

1) In SelectCreditItems.php on the initial screen in the "Enter text in the customer name:" field the first time entry always fails to find the customer.  After the screen repaints (second entry) being passed:

SelectCreditItems.php?identifier=1456418363

in the URL, the customer search works finding the entered customer.

2) If in the screen displaying the details we press update, the following is displayed:

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /ast$www/000000/weberp/SelectCreditItems.php on line 574

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /ast$www/000000/weberp/SelectCreditItems.php on line 598

when after pressing update, we press "process credit note" the following error message is displayed:

Database Error 1062 : CRITICAL ERROR! NOTE DOWN THIS ERROR AND SEEK ASSISTANCE: Taxes and rates applicable to this credit note line item could not be inserted because
Duplicate entry '6170-0' for key 'PRIMARY'
Database SQL Failure : The following SQL to insert the stock movement tax detail records was used
INSERT INTO stockmovestaxes (stkmoveno, taxauthid, taxrate, taxcalculationorder, taxontax) VALUES ('6170', '', '0', '', '')
Database Rollback Due to Error Above : Rolling Back Transaction OK

3) If instead or pressing update, we just press "process credit note" the credit note is created but the following messages are displayed:

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /ast$www/000000/weberp/SelectCreditItems.php on line 574

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /ast$www/000000/weberp/SelectCreditItems.php on line 598

We are running 4.12.3

Any help correcting these issues would be appreciated.

Bob Thomas

Re: Problems with Credit Notes

Hi, Bob,

                It seems like a tax parameters setting problem. Is any error messages appeared when you issue a invoice?

Re: Problems with Credit Notes

rfthomas
Exson,

We receive no error messages when we invoice the customer.  We have been using webERP for a number of years and the software has been upgraded with each formal release.  What should we check to see if there is a problem with the database?

I can supply a copy of our database and and example for testing.

Thank you,
Bob Thomas

Re: Problems with Credit Notes

Hi, Bob,

           I'll contact you when I return back to my office at later of this week.

Re: Problems with Credit Notes

rfthomas
Exson,

Did you receive the database?

Bob Thomas

Re: Problems with Credit Notes

Hi, Bob,
                 I've received it.  I have a rough check but still not pin out the problem. I'll reply to you when I get this result this week.