Process Help Please.

Michael D
I have documented what seems to be the process I should use when making an order using webERP. I'm hoping you can help me out with a couple of things. First, I do the payment (#4) like that because I have to pay my supplier first, making the process a little odd, but still necessary. It seems. The questions I have are:

1. Am I getting the process right?

2. Why am I not seeing anything in my profit loss report? Using the processes above I should see production costs and nothing coming in.

3. When I look at the balance sheet, I am getting the shipping cost as an inventory, am getting, it seems the right balance with an extra PO amount and shipping cost.
Please, any suggestions?

[BEGINNING OF PROCESS BEGINNING OF PROCESS BEGINNING OF PROCESS]

Werp Processes After all the configurations set up including the entering of products, vendors, and associations of. I wanted to do a process like this: I purchase from a supplier that requires cash up front before shipping. ( ) is clicked.

Order From Supplier

1. Enter Purchase Order
(Vendor) -> (Enter a purchase order for this supplier) -> Check Data in Form -> (Enter Line Items) -> (Search Now) -> input quantities -> (order some) -> If you have already entered the pricing data and associated it with the supplier then the data should already be there. I didn't add weights to mine so I am adding weights now. I check over all the data -> (Updata Order Lines) -> (Process Order)

2. Authorize Purchase Order

[This may not be here if you have configured the program to automatically authorize purchase orders for accounts that have the permission to authorize purchase orders.]

(Purchases) -> (Orders to authorize)

3. Print Purchase Order
(Purchases) -> (Purchase Orders) -> (Search Purchase Orders) -> (Print Now) -> Check options -> (Ok) -> Open, Save for records, and print physical copy

4. Pay Vendor
(Vendors) -> (Enter a payment to) -> Enter Invoice Number & Amount [USE NEGATIVE NUMBER]

5. Ship Order
(Vendors) -> Choose product supplier not shipping supplier -> (Set up a new shipment) -> enter data -> (update) -> (add) items that are in the shipment

6. Invoice (Pay) Shipping Company
(Vendors) -> Choose SHIPPING supplier (Search Now) -> (Enter a Suppliers Invoice) -> (Shipments) -> Enter Shipment -> (Back to invoice) -> (Enter Invoice)

7. Wait for order to arrive

8. Receive Purchase order when it arrives
(Vendors) -> (Add/Receive View Outstanding Purchase Orders) -> (Search Purchase Orders) -> (Receive) -> Enter shipment count -> (Update) -> (Process Goods Received) -> (Print Goods Received Note)

9. Invoice Supplier
(Vendors) -> (Enter a Suppliers Invoice) -> (Purchase Orders) -> Select items in purchase order -> (Add to Invoice) -> (Back to Invoice Entry) -> (Enter Invoice)

9. Close Shipment
(Vendors) -> (Search, Modify, Close Shipment) -> (Close)
[END OF PROCESS END OF PROCESS END OF PROCESS]

Thanks for any suggestions on the process! : )

Re: Process Help Please.

phildaintree
Hi Michael,

The processes you describe would show a debit in the stock account of
the items received at cost and the credits in GRN suspense, for the
Purchase order receiving. Then when the invoice is entered it would
debit the GRN suspense and credit creditors control in the company record.

No entries to the profit and loss account based on the processes you
have done so far. The cost of the item should include shipping costs etc.

If you purchased a service or an expense item then yes there would be a
profit and loss entry, but you purchased stock.

If you sold something, then there would be an entry to sales and cost
of sales...

If you are using standard costing and the item cost a different amount
to the cost in the system then you would get a purchase price variance -
in the profit and loss account. If weighted average the variance would
be posted back into the cost of the stock - no P & L entry.

Phil

On 22/02/11 16:38, Michael D wrote:

> [...]
> Purchase Orders) -> (Receive) -> Enter shipment count -> (Update) ->
> (Process Goods Received) -> (Print Goods Received Note)
>
> 9. Invoice Supplier
> (Vendors) -> (Enter a Suppliers Invoice) -> (Purchase Orders) -> Select
> items in purchase order -> (Add to Invoice) -> (Back to Invoice Entry)
> -> (Enter Invoice)
>
> 9. Close Shipment
> (Vendors) -> (Search, Modify, Close Shipment) -> (Close)
> [END OF PROCESS END OF PROCESS END OF PROCESS]
>
> Thanks for any suggestions on the process! : )

> Index, Search&  Analyze Logs and other IT data in Real-Time with Splunk
> Collect, index and harness all the fast moving IT data generated by your
> applications, servers and devices whether physical, virtual or in the cloud.
> Deliver compliance at lower cost and gain new business insights.

Re: Process Help Please.

DonGrames
Hi Michael,

You don't see anything in P&L because you haven't sold anything yet.
Purchasing product doesn't change your assets at all.

Hope this helps.

Don

On 02/21/2011 09:38 PM, Michael D wrote:

> [...]
> Purchase Orders) -> (Receive) -> Enter shipment count -> (Update) ->
> (Process Goods Received) -> (Print Goods Received Note)
>
> 9. Invoice Supplier
> (Vendors) -> (Enter a Suppliers Invoice) -> (Purchase Orders) -> Select
> items in purchase order -> (Add to Invoice) -> (Back to Invoice Entry)
> -> (Enter Invoice)
>
> 9. Close Shipment
> (Vendors) -> (Search, Modify, Close Shipment) -> (Close)
> [END OF PROCESS END OF PROCESS END OF PROCESS]
>
> Thanks for any suggestions on the process! : )

> Index, Search & Analyze Logs and other IT data in Real-Time with Splunk
> Collect, index and harness all the fast moving IT data generated by your
> applications, servers and devices whether physical, virtual or in the cloud.
> Deliver compliance at lower cost and gain new business insights.

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a
revolutionary act.
                    George Orwell

Re: Process Help Please.

Michael D
Hi Don,

Sorry I missed your message. Yes I came to realize that. I've always calculated shipping as an expense and calculated total cost of goods separately. You can see why I am moving to a more professional format, as I have been seeing myself. A lot of 'knowledge' in this interesting and sometimes complex system. Anyway, thanks for the input as well.

Dan

> [...]

> > (Process Goods Received) -> (Print Goods Received Note)
> >
> > 9. Invoice Supplier
> > (Vendors) -> (Enter a Suppliers Invoice) -> (Purchase Orders) -> Select
> > items in purchase order -> (Add to Invoice) -> (Back to Invoice Entry)
> > -> (Enter Invoice)
> >
> > 9. Close Shipment
> > (Vendors) -> (Search, Modify, Close Shipment) -> (Close)
> > [END OF PROCESS END OF PROCESS END OF PROCESS]
> >
> > Thanks for any suggestions on the process! : )

> > Index, Search & Analyze Logs and other IT data in Real-Time with Splunk
> > Collect, index and harness all the fast moving IT data generated by your
> > applications, servers and devices whether physical, virtual or in the cloud.
> > Deliver compliance at lower cost and gain new business insights.
> > Free Software Download: http://p.sf.net/sfu/splunk-dev2dev

> During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a

Re: Process Help Please.

akshaygujar
How do we get the details of once entered supplier invoice. Like the supplier
invoice number etc after entering the supplier invoice.