QA System Lot/Serial Number Field Size

rfthomas
The QA system only allows entry of lot/serial numbers and identifiers of length 15 characters.  Many of our parts are tracked by their MAC address which is 16 characters.

Serial/lot numbers in webERP can be 30 characters.
Stockid's can be 20 characters.

The Lot/serial number fields should match the size Stock file sizes.

The Identification should also match the serial number size.

Additionally, it would make inspection of serial numbered parts easier if there was a back link from the sample test entry page to the Select QA Sample page.

Bob Thomas

Re: QA System Lot/Serial Number Field Size

Andrew Galuski
Great points Bob. Will get some updates made.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone

Re: QA System Lot/Serial Number Field Size

Andrew Galuski

Bob,

Thanks for the feedback.  Just got back into the office.  Hopefully the below will help you quickly – although many more fixes/improvements can be made longer term.

Lot/Serial in QA System is actually 25 in the database.  The limit is on the input screen (HTML Code) in SelectQASamples.php.  Quick fix is to expand the Lot serial field to 25 to match database.  I committed this code today. I will get to the DB change another time but it should allow 16 digit MAC address in Lot/Serial now.

Identifier wasn't meant to be the same as Lot/Serial.  It is a way to distinguish 2 samples of the same lot, like Test1, Test2 or StartRun, EndRun, retest, or A, B, C etc.  It is only 10 digits.  I am sure somebody can expand it if they use it for a different purpose.  Right now I don’t have time.

Specification is already 25 (more than Stock id).  It doesn't need to match Stock ID because you can enter specifications for non-stock parts.  The QA System was built to not tie to stocks if you want so you can use it for Assets or period calibrations of equipment not in WebERP.

Link back to samples already exists

Not sure if you are using it but the system also is setup to allow auto-logging of samples from P/O Receipt and W/O Receipt (This is in the config).  A sample is created for each Lot/Serial if the flag is turned on. (Future modification is to split this into 2 parameters, one each for P/O and W/O)

Best Regards,

Andrew Galuski

The QA system only allows entry of lot/serial numbers and identifiers of length 15 characters.  Many of our parts are tracked by their MAC address which is 16 characters.

Serial/lot numbers in webERP can be 30 characters.

Stockid's can be 20 characters.

The Lot/serial number fields should match the size Stock file sizes.

The Identification should also match the serial number size.

Additionally, it would make inspection of serial numbered parts easier if there was a back link from the sample test entry page to the Select QA Sample page.

Bob Thomas

Dive into the World of Parallel Programming The Go Parallel Website, sponsored by Intel and developed in partnership with Slashdot Media, is your hub for all things parallel software development, from weekly thought leadership blogs to news, videos, case studies, tutorials and more. Take a look and join the conversation now. http://goparallel.sourceforge.net/