Quantcast

Quotation Prices incorrect

rfthomas
We are using 4.12.3 and find that includes/GetPrice.inc returns a 0.00 price for items if the customer price list is not the default.  The Discount Matrix is properly set-up, but ignored.  We have restored the version of GetPrice from /* $Id: GetPrice.inc 6714 2014-05-17 03:09:03Z daintree $*/ removing the ,$db, and everything works as expected.

Re: Quotation Prices incorrect

Hi, Bob,

          Would you describe your problem more clearly? What do you mean customer price list is not the default?

RE: Quotation Prices incorrect

rfthomas

Exson,

We have list of customer types for example:

End User

OEM

Sales Types:

End User

End User 10%

OEM/Integrator

Discount Matrix with information for each of the sales types, using discount categories, quantity break and discount rate.

We have customers setup with customer type and sales type code.

When a quote is prepared the Sales Type should cause prices to be generated based on the Discount Matrix.  In the base 4.12.3 code when creating a quotation the only prices available are the Default.  In our system Default is the End User price.   The price should be calculated by applying the Sales Type Discount Matric against the Default price (in our case End User).

We have reverted to the prior release code that correctly calculates the prices:

/* $Id: GetPrice.inc 6941 2014-10-26 23:18:08Z daintree $*/

Sincerely,

Robert F. Thomas

cid:image001.gif@01C71ABB.312C1E90

 44 Industrial Way
Norwood, MA USA 02062
(  Office Phone - (781) 329-9200
* mail to: [hidden email]

          Would you describe your problem more clearly? What do you mean customer price list is not the default?

http://weberp-accounting.1478800.n4.nabble.com/Quotation-Prices-incorrect-tp4658352p4658371.html

To unsubscribe from Quotation Prices incorrect, click here.
NAML

RE: Quotation Prices incorrect

Hi, Bob,

            Would you like to post your reworked copy?
            I cannot find what goes wrong. The latest version and the version (6714) what you said OK has no big difference except $db. The previous version only removed two lines of debug messages.

RE: Quotation Prices incorrect

rfthomas
Exson,

The attached was in the original download of V4.12.3 that we performed.

GetPrice.inc

Could there have been a corrupt version that was corrected after we downloaded the package?

If the current production version is identical to what we are using then there must have been an issue with the downloaded package.

Bob Thomas

RE: Quotation Prices incorrect

Hi, Bob,

         Thank you for your quick response!

         It's no difference with the trunk!
         Would you like to post the file you revised?

RE: Quotation Prices incorrect

Hi, Bob,

              I've revised the GetPrice.php.
             I think it will work for you!
              PriceMatrix.zip

RE: Quotation Prices incorrect

rfthomas
Exson,

You provided PriceMatrix.php.  We have replaced the existing PriceMatrix.php and see no problem in a quick test, but we are using the following GetPrice.inc:

GetPrice.inc

Bob Thomas

RE: Quotation Prices incorrect

Hi, Bob,
             I've checked your file. And it's not the version you mentioned.

            Since there is no response to revise the feature, I'll keep it as is.

RE: Quotation Prices incorrect

rfthomas
Exson,

Could you send me the current production version of GetPrice.php so that we can test?

We use the sales type and discount matrix to obtain all of our pricing.  We do not have customer unique prices so we need GetPrice.php to properly handle this situation.

The issues with GetPrice.php have been a problem for several releases of webERP.  It appears that the error in GetPrice.php was introduced sometime between 4.11.5 and 4.12.2.

Bob Thomas

RE: Quotation Prices incorrect

rfthomas
Exson,

We restored GetPrice.inc from 4.12.3 distribution.  It always returns 0.0 from GetPrice.inc for any sales types other than that which is the default sales type.

Bob Thomas

RE: Quotation Prices incorrect

Hi, Bob,

                    It's not a bug. It's the design of the file.
                    It's not a general requirement for this feature. When I asked if someone need this, so we can make it a choice, there is no feedback. I've got a feedback from webERP chinese community. But what he want is current discount matrix. Because it's quite tedious to modify the prices if lots of prices changed.
                     The file I changed last time can be used. But it'll not be merged to the trunk.

RE: Quotation Prices incorrect

rfthomas
Exson,

We did not change what we were doing and it is per the documentation and file design.  The behavior of GetPrice.php changed, breaking something that worked per the documentation.

We have been studying the code.  It is not obvious why Get Price.inc is not finding the price.  The order of inquiries has changed possibly causing the problem.

We have a number of sales types.  When we change the default price, the pricing in all of the other sales types properly reflect the change.  We will try to see where in GetPrice the error was introduced and post a correction to the community such that no other pricing structures are disturbed.

Bob Thomas

RE: Quotation Prices incorrect

Hi, Bob,

              As your finding, the order of the sql inquiry is the problem you entered. The sql order reflects the sales type priority. The version of the price matrix as the first priority exists very short time in the trunk and it has never been released publicly.
              If it's not a generally used feature, it's not suitable to merge to trunk.  At least currently, there are little feedback about this.

RE: Quotation Prices incorrect

rfthomas
Exson,

We have made modifications to GetPrice.inc so that it works properly using Sales Type, Discount Matrix and Default Price List.  The modifications consist of:

1) Adding a second check against the pricematrix for an end date of "0000-00-00", that was missing from the original script.
2) Adding the inclusive check of the pricematrix.
3) Removing the code that fetches a row, preventing proper completion of the script.

GetPrice.inc

The changes made are a correction of incorrect handling of the various pricing methods.  They should not change usage for any users.

Bob Thomas