Quantcast

Release 3.10.4

Tim Schofield
Dear all,

I have just released the latest release from the 3.10 stable branch.
This is version 3.10.4

The changes are as follows:
29/04/09 Phil:RecurringSalesOrdersProcess.php - Made it so sales order
headers use the order number from GetNextTransNo (30) as well as the
sales order details - and avoiding the inconsistency issues where the
auto-increment was out of sync with the systypes typeid=30 typeno
29/04/09 Phil:InventoryPlanningPrefSupplier.php - OrderNo relying on
auto-increment for the header but using the systypes GetNextTransNo
for the salesorderdetails modified to us the GetNextTransNo for both
header and line details
29/04/09 Phil:DeliveryDetails.php - OrderNo relying on auto-increment
for the header but using the systypes GetNextTransNo for the
salesorderdetails modified to us the GetNextTransNo for both header
and line details
28/04/09 Murray: fix some HTML typos in DeliveryDetails and remove 6
digit price restriction from Credit_Invoice
27/04/09 Tim: api/api_xml-rpc.php - Corrections to enable API
documentation to be shown
27/04/09 Tim: doc/Manual/ManualAPIFunctions.php - Corrections to
enable API documentation to be shown
27/04/09 Tim: doc/Manual/ManualContents.php - Corrections to enable
API documentation to be shown
26/04/09 Tim: CustomerBranches.php - Reinstate changes to correctly
update latitude and longitude
21/04/09 Murray: add some extra help to SelectOrderItems.php
20/04/09 Murray: add some sanity checking to geocode section on
suppliers and customer branches
19/04/09 Tim: reportwriter/admin/RCFunctions.inc - Check that the
imported file is of type Text
19/04/09 Tim: SpecialOrder.php - Update systypes when the order is placed
19/04/09 David Lamotte: DeliveryDetails.php - Check that BestShipper
is initialised and trap error if not.
18/04/09 Phil: PrintCustTransPortrait.php vertical lines of grid on a
full page in the wrong place - now fixed
16/04/09 Tim: CustomerBranches.php - Correct sql for strict mode compatability
14/04/09 Ricard: Update PurchData.php now allows multiple prices from
a supplier with different effective dates
10/04/09 Tim: SelectCustomer.php - Correctly change the customer when
returning from OrderDetails.php
10/04/09 Tim: includes/session.inc - Ensure last visit field is always updated
10/04/09 Tim: Z_Upgrade3.10.php - Remove deprecated <center> tags
03/04/09 Tim: SelectCompletedOrder.php - Amend sql to show completed orders only
02/04/09 Tim: SelectCompletedOrder.php - Amend sql to show parts even
when no purchase orders
01/04/09 Tim: SelectProduct.php - Correctly show category product properties
26/03/09 CW: SelectCustomer.php - This will give a link to setup
customer types if they are not already
26/03/09 CW: Customers.php - This will give a link to setup customer
types if they are not already

Thanks
Tim

Re: Release 3.10.4

ricard-3
Hi Tim:

Downloaded 3.10.4 this afternoon, but seems it contains older files than
expected:

Index.php in CVS was 1.80, but inside 3.10.4 zip was 1.76 (so, Phil's script
as inventory planning from preferred supplier is unreachable),
Purchdata.php in CVS was 1.21 but inside 3-10-4 zip was 1.19
InventoryPlanning is an older version as well.

Only checked these 3 files, but I suspect there's more...

Was it done with any purpose (functions not stable yet, etc.) or something
I'm missing?

Thanks,

Ricard

Re: Release 3.10.4

Tim Schofield
Hi Ricard,

Yes the intention is with these 3.10.x releases is just to correct any
bugs in the 3.10 functionality, not to introduce any new features.
This way the releases should be very stable. For those wanting the
newest features I occasionally release cvs snapshot versions that have
all the bug fixes, with the latest features as well. However the new
functionality may introduce new bugs not found as yet, so the cvs
releases will not be as stable.

Tim

2009/5/1 Ricard <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Tim:
>
> Downloaded 3.10.4 this afternoon, but seems it contains older files than
> expected:
>
> Index.php in CVS was 1.80, but inside 3.10.4 zip was 1.76 (so, Phil's script
> as inventory planning from preferred supplier is unreachable),
> Purchdata.php in CVS was 1.21 but inside 3-10-4 zip was 1.19
> InventoryPlanning is an older version as well.
>
> Only checked these 3 files, but I suspect there's more...
>
> Was it done with any purpose (functions not stable yet, etc.) or something
> I'm missing?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ricard

Re: Release 3.10.4

Nicholas Lee

Might pay to start number the version string in the changed files differently from the cvs branch.  Maybe added -3.10.X to relate the stable version they will be changed in.

2009/5/1 Ricard <[hidden email]>:
> Hi Tim:
>
> Downloaded 3.10.4 this afternoon, but seems it contains older files than
> expected:
>
> Index.php in CVS was 1.80, but inside 3.10.4 zip was 1.76 (so, Phil's script
> as inventory planning from preferred supplier is unreachable),
> Purchdata.php in CVS was 1.21 but inside 3-10-4 zip was 1.19
> InventoryPlanning is an older version as well.
>
> Only checked these 3 files, but I suspect there's more...
>
> Was it done with any purpose (functions not stable yet, etc.) or something
> I'm missing?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ricard

Re: Release 3.10.4

Craig White
On Thu, 2009-04-30 at 19:35 +0100, Tim Schofield wrote:

> [...]
> 14/04/09 Ricard: Update PurchData.php now allows multiple prices from
> a supplier with different effective dates
> 10/04/09 Tim: SelectCustomer.php - Correctly change the customer when
> returning from OrderDetails.php
> 10/04/09 Tim: includes/session.inc - Ensure last visit field is always updated
> 10/04/09 Tim: Z_Upgrade3.10.php - Remove deprecated <center> tags
> 03/04/09 Tim: SelectCompletedOrder.php - Amend sql to show completed orders only
> 02/04/09 Tim: SelectCompletedOrder.php - Amend sql to show parts even
> when no purchase orders
> 01/04/09 Tim: SelectProduct.php - Correctly show category product properties
> 26/03/09 CW: SelectCustomer.php - This will give a link to setup
> customer types if they are not already
> 26/03/09 CW: Customers.php - This will give a link to setup customer
----
maybe I just missed something somewhere but it appears that from 3.10.3
upgrade to 3.10.4...

there must be 2 new fields in salesorders table, both date fields, 1
called quotedate and 1 called confirmeddate and I didn't see anything in
the sql subdirectory and once I added these two fields to the
salesorders table, I could once again add new salesorders.

Craig

believed to be clean.

Re: Release 3.10.4

emdeex
Craig, check the CVS /upgrade3.10-3.11.sql script.

Or execute:

ALTER TABLE `salesorders` ADD `quotedate` date NOT NULL default '0000-00-00';
ALTER TABLE `salesorders` ADD `confirmeddate` date NOT NULL default
'0000-00-00';

regards,
Murray

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 2:31 AM, Craig White <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>> 02/04/09 Tim: SelectCompletedOrder.php - Amend sql to show parts even
>> when no purchase orders
>> 01/04/09 Tim: SelectProduct.php - Correctly show category product properties
>> 26/03/09 CW: SelectCustomer.php - This will give a link to setup
>> customer types if they are not already
>> 26/03/09 CW: Customers.php - This will give a link to setup customer
>> types if they are not already
> ----
> maybe I just missed something somewhere but it appears that from 3.10.3
> upgrade to 3.10.4...
>
> there must be 2 new fields in salesorders table, both date fields, 1
> called quotedate and 1 called confirmeddate and I didn't see anything in
> the sql subdirectory and once I added these two fields to the
> salesorders table, I could once again add new salesorders.

Re: Release 3.10.4

Craig White
Thanks Murray, I sort of did that already but I saw no such script in
weberp-3.10.4/sql/mysql and even a simple grep for quotedate and
confirmeddate in /weberp-3.10.4/sql/mysql/* turned up nothing.

In essence, it appears to me that someone installing weberp-3.10.4 for
the first time will not have those fields in salesorders nor would they
have them if they upgrade from 3.10.3 as I did.

There are new tables and other alterations in CVS/upgrade3.10-3.11.sql
script which seem to relate to features not in 'stable' 3.10.4 - am I
wrong?

Craig

On Thu, 2009-05-07 at 11:03 +1000, emdeex wrote:

> [...]
> >> 02/04/09 Tim: SelectCompletedOrder.php - Amend sql to show parts even
> >> when no purchase orders
> >> 01/04/09 Tim: SelectProduct.php - Correctly show category product properties
> >> 26/03/09 CW: SelectCustomer.php - This will give a link to setup
> >> customer types if they are not already
> >> 26/03/09 CW: Customers.php - This will give a link to setup customer
> >> types if they are not already
> > ----
> > maybe I just missed something somewhere but it appears that from 3.10.3
> > upgrade to 3.10.4...
> >
> > there must be 2 new fields in salesorders table, both date fields, 1
> > called quotedate and 1 called confirmeddate and I didn't see anything in
> > the sql subdirectory and once I added these two fields to the
> > salesorders table, I could once again add new salesorders.

believed to be clean.

Re: Release 3.10.4

emdeex
Its probably just something missed between the stable and 3.11
versions, Tim will update the files.

Thanks for your patience,

regards,
Murray

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 11:21 AM, Craig White <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Murray, I sort of did that already but I saw no such script in
> weberp-3.10.4/sql/mysql and even a simple grep for quotedate and
> confirmeddate in /weberp-3.10.4/sql/mysql/* turned up nothing.
>
> In essence, it appears to me that someone installing weberp-3.10.4 for
> the first time will not have those fields in salesorders nor would they
> have them if they upgrade from 3.10.3 as I did.
>
> There are new tables and other alterations in CVS/upgrade3.10-3.11.sql
> script which seem to relate to features not in 'stable' 3.10.4 - am I
> wrong?
>
> Craig
>
> On Thu, 2009-05-07 at 11:03 +1000, emdeex wrote:
>> Craig, check the CVS /upgrade3.10-3.11.sql script.
>>
>> Or execute:
>>
>> ALTER TABLE `salesorders` ADD `quotedate` date NOT NULL default '0000-00-00';
>> ALTER TABLE `salesorders` ADD `confirmeddate` date NOT NULL default
>> '0000-00-00';
>>
>> regards,
>> Murray

>> > ----
>> > maybe I just missed something somewhere but it appears that from 3.10.3
>> > upgrade to 3.10.4...
>> >
>> > there must be 2 new fields in salesorders table, both date fields, 1
>> > called quotedate and 1 called confirmeddate and I didn't see anything in
>> > the sql subdirectory and once I added these two fields to the
>> > salesorders table, I could once again add new salesorders.
>> >
>> > Craig
>> >

>> > --
>> > This message has been scanned for viruses and
>> > dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
>> > believed to be clean.

> believed to be clean.

Re: Release 3.10.4

Tim Schofield
Hi Craig,

Yes Murray is right, this is my mistake. I forgot that there was a
patch in the stable branch that had database updates. I should have
updated the Z_Upgrade3.10.php script with this as well. I will correct
this and get another stable version out.

Thanks
Tim