Quantcast

Report Builder not working

rfthomas
We had written several reports in earlier versions of webERP that no longer function in V4.12.3  The problem range from inifinte loops in the Apache Webserver implying a problem in the php code or loops in the database queries (I/O and CPU cycles in MYSQL) or I/O buffer overflows.

Not all reports are failing.

Assuming that there were issues with the reports, we attempted to write some new reports using the report builder.  We can only get to screen where fields are selected for display.  At that point a popup box is displayed from which a field may be selected.  The pop up is placed in an unusual location and we can't get any field selected.  Basically the Report Builder is broken.

Is this problem unique to us?

Bob Thomas

Re: Report Builder not working

Hi, Bob,
              It's not broken. You have to select it with another method. I think a remark should be added to this screen. But I've forgot it now.

Re: Report Builder not working

R2-G

Am using WebERP 4.12.3  report builder and noticed the same issue of inability to select fields at the
Report/Form - Field Setup

I had to click on the empty field where the fields should appear and manually key in the required field and it worked
fine. before I could do the same by just double clicking the required field from the selection box that appears.

Hope this helps

R2-g

Re: Report Builder not working

rfthomas
Than-you for the workaround.  It did work more reasonably in earlier releases of weberp.  I don't have multiple versions installed so it is difficult to determine when this function broke.

Bob

Re: Report Builder not working

rfthomas
I checked as far back as V4.06 12/28/2011.  There are no significant differences in the php code for the reportwriter.  Could the Javascript libraries have changed and broken things?

Bob Thomas