Reset order number or invoice number monthly

Reset order number or invoice number monthly

baliboss
Dear All user,

Based on our prospectus client request in Indonesia,
Can the order number or invoice number on webERP reset monthly ?
or any other work around to to do this ?
on webERP the number will sequence counter from 1 to next number,
can I change it to (e.g. 01/JAN/2016/1 it mean's 01 January 2016 order number 1)

Thanks in advice,
Ary / baliboss.com
Baliboss
Bali Open Source Solution
www.baliboss.com

Re: Reset order number or invoice number monthly

phildaintree
Yes - it can be reset but you would need to ensure you avoid duplicates
... I'd suggest setting to

201601000

for transactions in Jan 2016
then 201602000 for Feb etc - you'd need to be sure there are not more
than 1000 transactions in the month as this will then go to 201603000
before you've got to March!

Logic Works Ltd - +64 (0)275 567890
http://www.logicworks.co.nz

On 28/03/16 23:16, baliboss wrote:

> Dear All user,
>
> Based on our prospectus client request in Indonesia,
> Can the order number or invoice number on webERP reset monthly ?
> or any other work around to to do this ?
> on webERP the number will sequence counter from 1 to next number,
> can I change it to (e.g. 01/JAN/2016/1 it mean's 01 January 2016 order
> number 1)
>
> Thanks in advice,
> Ary / baliboss.com
>

> -----
> Baliboss
> Bali Open Source Solution
> www.baliboss.com

Re: Reset order number or invoice number monthly

baliboss
Hi Phil,
Thank's for the suggestion,
Ok, I've got the idea but is it impact to other table ?
I've just been try with 201601999, number of invoice maximum is 999 a month.

Thank's
Ary / baliboss

phildaintree wrote
Yes - it can be reset but you would need to ensure you avoid duplicates
... I'd suggest setting to

201601000

for transactions in Jan 2016
then 201602000 for Feb etc - you'd need to be sure there are not more
than 1000 transactions in the month as this will then go to 201603000
before you've got to March!

Logic Works Ltd - +64 (0)275 567890
http://www.logicworks.co.nz

On 28/03/16 23:16, baliboss wrote:
> Dear All user,
>
> Based on our prospectus client request in Indonesia,
> Can the order number or invoice number on webERP reset monthly ?
> or any other work around to to do this ?
> on webERP the number will sequence counter from 1 to next number,
> can I change it to (e.g. 01/JAN/2016/1 it mean's 01 January 2016 order
> number 1)
>
> Thanks in advice,
> Ary / baliboss.com
>

> -----