Running weberp on an Andrioid table

R2-G

Is it possible to run webweb locally on an android tablet ?
Useing any of the various php/MySQL servers available on
Google play under android apps ?

I have an android 4.2 tablet and would like to set up WebERP
To run locally on the tablet. Is this even possible

Has anybody already done it ?
Which php/MySQL server was used ?

Re: Running weberp on an Andrioid table

rfthomas
We had tested BitWebServer and some others.  They ran lighttpd, php and MySQL.  The applications were useable.  We tested weberp, joomla and phpmyadmin.  We were able to set-up any android system as a web server, but suspect that such would not handle more than a couple of connections.  We only tested under light loads and not all functionality, e.g. email.

We had no real interest in using a tablet or cell phone (they worked on cell phone with no problems) as a server.

The tests were run on Android 2.3 on Sony Xperia X10 (Android 2.3 at least 3 years ago - webERP and Joomla testing), Samsung Galaxy S3 (android 4.4.2) and Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (android 4.4.2).

We found the tools for software/web site development available on android were too cumbersome to be of much use.

None of the devices were rooted or running any customized versions of android.

Bob Thomas

Re: Running weberp on an Andrioid table

R2-G
Bob,

Thanks so much for the info, it saves me many hours of trail and error
All I need is to run WebERP on the tablet for demo purposes
not for any serious use

R2-g