Serial Numbers Questions

R2-G
Hi,

1. Is it possible to enter serial numbers for items that are already in stock ?
2. Is it possible to produce a report that shows which serial numbers are with which customers ?
3. Is the data to produce such a report available in the system ?

Thanks in Advance

Re: Serial Numbers Questions

            1. It's impossible in my opinion.
            2. There is no such report currently.
            3. Yes. All data are available.

            Best regards!

            Exsom

Re: Serial Numbers Questions

russpeed300
With all due respect to Exson, if the data is in tables, you can use the report builder to extract, link and present.

I have never dealt with SNs but If there is data in the tables, I don't see why not.

There must be a common link to use as a "medium" amongst seperate tables.

So you need to familiarize yourself with the rep builder.

I am not an expert but I am a "power" user to some extent but can be wrong.

Start by seeing which tables have thge data and the common but exclusive fields which they share. You may have to use a seperate table to accomplish the linking as long.

It took me some time and patience.

Try it but let the community know the result and maybe even share it.

Russ
Sent from my BlackBerry® device from Digicel

Re: Serial Numbers Questions

R2-G
Exsom,

Kindly share how it is possible to enter serial numbers for items already existing in stock

I looked at stockmoves,stockserialitems and stocksrialmoves tables and I can not think of a way

to like them to produce the report

Thanks in advance

Re: Serial Numbers Questions

Hi, R2-G

        Usually, I'll import those serialized items by putting them in a excel file with serialno, stockid, quantity, stock description etc at the very start stage. Then I'll create a sql file via copy those data into my IDE. It sounds a quite stupid method right? The next step is create a table in weberp which includes those fields I mentioned before. The I'll use sql to immigrate required data to those specific tables such as stockmaster, stockserialitems, locstock.

        The logic is from StockAdjustments.php. Because I have no thorough understanding your situation, I can only give some suggestion:

         To create data for stockserialitems is a MUST. You should create data sheet with stockid, loccode,serialno,quantity.  Make sure that the combination of stockid, loccode and serialno is unique in your data sheet. Then you can save it as csv file then load it into stockserialitems tables by LOAD DATA INFILE. And you can also use INSERT INTO stocksrialitems(stockid,loccode,serialno,quantity) VAlUES(,,,,),(,,,,),(,,,,) to complete this.

        When we issue an invoice for controlled items, all those data are stored in stockmove, and stockserialmoves. But up to now, it seems there is only one example to show how to retrieve these data and print it in PDF report. You can find it in webERP4.11.3 between line 130 to 163.

       Hope it's helpful.

Re: Serial Numbers Questions

Sorry, I've forgot to leave the PDF file name. It's PDFGrn.php since webERP4.11.3.

Re: Serial Numbers Questions

rfthomas
Exson,

We have written several reports using the report writer that allows us to locate inventory at customers.  One report allows us to find any/all inventory at customers.  Another report shows serial numbered items at customers.

We also have a number of reports to allow for manufacturing, i.e. issued stock, serial number tracking, etc.

If one has some knowledge of MySQL and the various tables involved, they are relatively straight forward to create.

Bob

Re: Serial Numbers Questions

R2-G
This post was updated on .
Hi ExsonQu,

Thanks for your assistance
now I can insert serial numbers for items already existing in stock

Kindly clarify on the working of the two tables

1. stockserialitems
2. stockserialmoves

my assumptions is as follows

1. a record is created in stockserialitems each time a serial number is entered into the system for some item
2. a record is created in stockserialmoves each time an serial numbered item moves e.g via sales

I still can not think of a way to link stockmoves, stockserialitem and stockserialmoves to produce a report
like rfthomas says to find any/all inventory at customers.

@ rfthomas

what field do you use to link the tables ?.

Thanksi in Advance

R2-G

Re: Serial Numbers Questions

rfthomas
This post was updated on .
Exson and RG-2,

I have extracted the report tables from my system into .SQL files and then placed them in reports.zip that is attached.reports.zip

These are very simple reports, but allow us to track inventory at customers and in our shop.  We have used the inventory at customers report and the serial numbers at customers report to determine corrective action when defects in material or software are found.

Bob Thomas

Re: Serial Numbers Questions

rfthomas
I have extracted the reports using the webERP Report Tool and placed them in the attached ZIP file: webERP_Reports.zip

Thank you Tim for pointing out that this feature exists in the report tool.

He also mentioned that there had been discussion relating to a repository of reports and forms to facilitate sharing of such among webERP users.  We gladly support such, since many of these reports would have general utility and could possibly make it into the formal webERP distribution.

Bob Thomas

Re: Serial Numbers Questions

phildaintree
Yes there was an idea to have a repository of reports on the wiki ... but didn't get any traction.

I will put these up there

http://www.weberp.org/wiki/Reports

Logic Works Ltd - +64 (0)275 567890
http://www.logicworks.co.nz
<http://weberp-accounting.1478800.n4.nabble.com/file/n4657414/webERP_Reports.zip>

Thank you Tim for pointing out that this feature exists in the report tool.

He also mentioned that there had been discussion relating to a repository of
reports and forms to facilitate sharing of such among webERP users.  We
gladly support such, since many of these reports would have general utility
and could possibly make it into the formal webERP distribution.

Bob Thomas

Re: Serial Numbers Questions

R2-G
Hi,

What's the expected format for serial numbers upload csv file ?

I found the thread below regarding the same but it does not help much,

http://http://weberp-accounting.1478800.n4.nabble.com/Format-of-Serial-number-import-file-td4599262.html

I tried to guess a format like : (itemno,serialno)

1,NB-5G25-Eu-000-1
2,NB-5G25-Eu-000-2
3,NB-5G25-Eu-000-3
4,NB-5G25-Eu-000-4
5,NB-5G25-Eu-000-5

but I get the error

ERROR Message Report : Error moving temporary file. Please check your configuration

Thanks in advance

Re: Serial Numbers Questions

phildaintree
It is batch reference, quantity

On 18/05/14 07:39, R2-G wrote:

> Hi,
>

> What's the expected format for serial numbers upload csv file ?
>
> I found the thread below regarding the same but it does not help much,
>
> http://http://weberp-accounting.1478800.n4.nabble.com/Format-of-Serial-number-import-file-td4599262.html
> <http://http://weberp-accounting.1478800.n4.nabble.com/Format-of-Serial-number-import-file-td4599262.html>
>
> I tried to guess a format like : (itemno,serialno)
>
> 1,NB-5G25-Eu-000-1
> 2,NB-5G25-Eu-000-2
> 3,NB-5G25-Eu-000-3
> 4,NB-5G25-Eu-000-4
> 5,NB-5G25-Eu-000-5
>
> but I get the error
>
> *ERROR Message Report : Error moving temporary file. Please check your
> configuration*
>
> Thanks in advance

Re: Serial Numbers Questions

R2-G

Hi Phil,

I could be missing something but I don’t understand the fields you suggest to be the format for the serial numbers input file. i.e (batch reference, quantity)

I would expect the fields to be among those from the  stockserialitems or stockserialmoves tables

stockserialitems
1 stockid varchar(20)
2 loccode varchar(5)
3 serialno varchar(30)
4 expirationdate datetime
5 quantity double
6 qualitytext text

stockserialmoves
1 stkitmmoveno int(11)
2 stockmoveno int(11)
3 stockid varchar(20)
4 serialno varchar(30)
5 moveqty double

Whatever the case, there seems to be a problem with InputSerialItemsFile.php, it lets one select the csv file containing serial numbers to be imported then Gives the error

ERROR Message Report : Error moving temporary file. Please check your configuration

It does not even get to processing the selected csv file.

Thanks in advance

Re: Serial Numbers Questions

        You should check the file authority is right or not. It seems that the file has not been uploaded properly.

         The file contents should be like this:

          ABC0001, 1
          BAD0003, 2
          ADDDDDE,1

          The first column is lot/batch/serial no. the second column is quantity. If it's serialized, only serial no is needed.

          Hope it's helpful.