Shipping Address Label printing

Terry Porter
Hi Phil, and All,

Some time ago, I made up a  program to print shipping address labels from the webERP database (to suit my own needs). My blog of the process is located at my advert/junk free website below for anyone who is interested:-
This post is only to mention that I have altered it slightly  to use the customer postal address if the street address is not to be used for shipping:-

Note, my program is written in Perl and requires Unix admin level skills to deploy, so it's not for everyone, however its licensed under the GPL, and is freely downloadable.

Summary of how to use the program
  • configure five items in the config section at the top of "find-client-shipping-details.pl". These are the details of your Mysql database and working directory etc.
  • run "find-client-shipping-details.pl" in a xterm
  • enter the Customer Branch ID number when asked
  • "find-client-shipping-details.pl" then queries your WebERP Mysql database using the Customer Branch ID number and fetches the customer name, phone number address data etc. It does this read-only and doesn't affect the integrity of your database
  • the details will be printed on the xterm
  • A Lyx window will pop up, click the icon with two large eyeballs (print preview), then a XPDF (or your default PDF viewer) window will open and display what the printed sheet will look like, if it's correct, click print and your shipping sddress label will then be printed ready for you attach to your customer shipment carton etc.
  • Note 1: all customer shipping data is converted to CAPS for printing clarity
  • Note 2: in the webERP "Add/Modify/Delete Customer Branches" menu, there are two address entry areas, 1) Street Address and 2) Postal Address. If Postal Address 1 has data then Postal Address 1 - Postal Address 5 fields are used, if not, then Street Address 1 - Street Address 5 are used in the printed label. This is because if your customer doesn't want goods shipped to his street address, then he will want it shipped to his postal address instead. It will be one or the other

Cheers
Terry

Re: Shipping Address Label printing

Hi, Terry,

          Thank you for sharing!

is there a manual on one page?

Adam Morand
http://www.weberp.org/weberp/doc/Manual/ManualContents.php

it references Display Checked to view on one page

but I have no checkboxes
is there some other link for everything on one page?

Re: is there a manual on one page?

Hidayat Khouw
Banned User
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: is there a manual on one page?

Andrew Couling
There is a PDF manual on Sourceforge:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/web-erp/files/?source=navbar

Andy.

it references Display Checked to view on one page

but I have no checkboxes
is there some other link for everything on one page?

best practice for paying salary staff and subcontractor labour?

Adam Morand
hello,

is there a best practice for paying salary staff and subcontractor labour?

I see a lot of references to additional modules and such; but I am very
curious to know if the group has a recommended add-on to deal with
employees and subcontractors in general

cheers,

Adam

Re: best practice for paying salary staff and subcontractor labour?

Hi, Adam,

             There are no HR labor module in webERP currently. And there is no such kind of add-on in my opinion.