Special discount for one customer

Warren Olds

We have a new customer with an agreed discount that is different from our standard arrangement. They will need to be able to purchase all of our products with a 50% discount (as opposed to the standard 40%). I've looked at the page on the wiki but I'm sorry it's not clear how to set this up. The page suggests that it's possible to create a discount category and then add products to it, but upon trying it doesn't appear possible for a product to be assigned two discount categories? I might be mistaken?

Perhaps one way to explain it is to provide the required discount matrix:

Sales Type: Consignment
Discount Category: SD
Quantity Break: 1
Discount Rate %: 30

Sales Type: Trade
Discount Category: SD
Quantity Break: 1
Discount Rate %: 40

Sales Type: Trade
Discount Category: FD
Quantity Break: 1
Discount Rate %: 50

Is this possible?
The only other workaround I can see is to create a new price list specific to that customer, e.g. Trade50. The prices would be the same (as Trade) but it provide a way to target the 50% discount for that customer in the Discount matrix without modifying the Discount category. The only issue I can see is that I would need to setup a new price list for each product?

It's perhaps worth adding that we don't apply discounts based on quantity ordered. All our products have a standard price (the recommended retail) with individual customers set at agreed discount levels from that: 0%, 30%, 40%, 50% etc.

Any help appreciated!

 \\
  warren

--

Warren Olds

+64 (0)  9 376 9016
+64 (0) 21 896 937 <-- new number !
[hidden email]
http://www.warrenolds.com
http://www.studioahoy.com

Re: Special discount for one customer

phildaintree
Hi Warren,

As you point out an item can be in only one discount category - so it is
appropriate to group like items into small discount categories -
creating matrix for each category.
Yes a price list/sales type for the customer using the same prices ...
but now able to pick up the new discount matrix discount is the trick.
It doesn't matter  that you don't need the quantity break feature - you
just set this to 1.

Phil

Phil Phil Daintree Logic Works Ltd - +64 (0)275 567890
http://www.logicworks.co.nz