Sub accounts

cd delmundo
Hi:
  I am evaluating webERP to confirm its functionality and to decide if it will be sufficient for the intended job.
  Looks very good,congratulations,  but I stumble into a issue that I guess. it  is because I am doing something wrong.

  On webERP demo I introduced an account 5110 "Production expenses on P001"
  It 5110 account is a P/L type  that belongs  to "COGonP001 group"
  "COGonP001" parent group is "Cost of Goods Sold"

  I would say , so far so good. You will correct me if not.

  Then I wanted to type a Jounal Entry for that account in order to see how is rendered in the Profit&Loss statement.
   To my surprise, I was not able  register the Journal Entry (nor manually nor via drop down listing) because webERP says "The account code 5110 doesnt exist" ...tough, as you can see,  is is listed on LGAccounts.php 's Demo Site. Below a snapshot.

Imagen integrada 1

Imagen integrada 2

   So my petition would be if anyone can guide me on how to achieve sub-accounts on webERP, how to control its display on the P/L or BalanceSheet printout & a way to regiter a Journal Entry for such an account.

   I guess a correction in the Demo Site for that setup will be helpful for everybody since seems to be a lack of such functionality on it to show to the interested visitors.

Regards
Antonio Vega

Re: Sub accounts

Belinda Elliott
Please unsubscribe this email address

Kindest regards

On 15 Feb 2017, at 9:03 am, cd delmundo <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

<image.png>

<image.png>

image.png (49K) Download Attachment
image.png (32K) Download Attachment

Re: Sub accounts

         I cannot reproduce the problem you described. Since accounts can be authorized, it maybe you have no authority for it.
         You can check the demo again.
         If any problem, please post the operation step.

Re: Sub accounts

cd delmundo
gsavix:
   Indeed, P/L statement is a report.  It shows the accumulative amount (between two dates) of those accounts marked as P/L accounts. That is not in doubt.

   Specifically my dobuts on the demo site would be two:
   a)How  to set up "5110 Production expenses on P001" to be a sub-account of "5100 Production expenses"
   b)Once that is done, I will ask for P/L report to see how  setup will it be rendered

   I was trying to fool around account groups to achieve that, but somehow "admin" user is not set up to edit them.
   I installed weberp in my computer, but I am having trouble to set it up correctly...so is of no use until I install it correctly..that is why I am waiting for some help from the community.

Regads
Antonio Vega

[...]

Steven Tang
Hi Antonio,

I think your question is, you would like to input an "expenses" as production cost.  Right?  I am not sure if I understand correctly.

Actually, WebERP not really allow to doing like this.  All the GL account, only can be in or out by setting GL account as a Bank account.

If you you want to put and expenses cost, you need to set it in "items".  When you adding a new type of "Item" in "Inventory Categories Maintenance", you need to set the account information for that type.

When the item you move, it will be put in to related GL.

In your case, you need to Make a type of inventory categories for your P001.  and add an "item" for P001.  And setting the account GL when this type Action.

If your want it to be count in 5100. You need to figure how you stock issue.  If you use Work order, than you need the WIP GL Code to 5100 or 5110 as you like.  But if you issued P001 by internal issue, than set there.

If you try to us "Quantity Adjustments" to issue items from warehouse, it is a wrong action.  this is just for stock adjust.  However, you can also set GL code to 5100.  But it is not a good solution.  Normally, it should be set as "Inventory Adjustment" in GL.

I hope I understand correctly your question and you understand what I said.

Best Regards,

Steven Tang
✉: [hidden email]

cd delmundo 於 21/02/2017 6:33 寫道:
[...]

hi Antonio.
1 - please tell us detailed mode what is
"but I am having trouble to set it up correctly"
​2 - If you think that is necessary i could provide [adhoc] environment for your tests. let me know.

--
gilberto dos santos alves
+55(11)9-8646-5049

Re: Sub accounts

cd delmundo
Steven:
  I am ashamed I could not explain myself on this matter. Sorry for  introducing unnecessary noise in this listserver.
  The issue was not on P/L itself but the printout. Hope the following clarify my problem. BTW the solution is very neat.

  Gilberto dos santos alves was kind enough to set me up a weberp  instance with all kind of permissions, so I can configure it  to my like.
  Result: There is no way to make sub-accounts in weberp.
  The alternative is to make sub-groups and I like the result.

 For those interested , here is a snapshot of the P/L report I was looking to tailor.
 I wanted to put it in the weberp demo site for the benefit of the visitor, but group editing is disabled for the moment.

Below you may see "L2 Fretes Vendas" which I make  it a subgroup of  "L1 Fretes Vendas" which in turn is a subgroup of  "Fretes Vendas".
Account are conveniently numbered 5611, 5610 , 5600 , to follow old school numbering, which make them more familiar for  accountants, but there is no need for that since grouping can dot it in  a much neater  way than hard-coding the account  numbers.
I added prefixes in the group names,  to point out that you are entering sub-group (I1) or sub-sub-group (I2)   ... the subgroup totals do have underscore indentation for the same intention though, and add-up correctly.

Imagen integrada 1

Once again thank you all for your help.
Antonio Vega.