The number format is wrong ??

ciesac
please  any help with The number format  is wrong ??? how  to avoid this???

Re: The number format is wrong ??

gsavix
Hi.
Like you see, anyone of us could help, but we need information like WHAT,WHEN,WHERE,WHO,HOW for help with your why. Details about version, server, locale, format of your currency and details of your environment var.
thanks.

please  any help with The number format  is wrong ??? how  to avoid this???

gilberto dos santos alves
+55(11)9-8646-5049
sao paulo - sp - brasil

Re: The number format is wrong ??

ciesac
Sorry for that
Server :
Linux  3.2.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.2.65-1+deb7u2 x86_64 GNU/Linux

locale :
LANG=es_PE.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=es_PE:es
LC_CTYPE="es_PE.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="es_PE.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="es_PE.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="es_PE.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="es_PE.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="es_PE.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="es_PE.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="es_PE.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="es_PE.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="es_PE.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="es_PE.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="es_PE.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

change in LanguagesArray.php
$LanguagesArray['es_ES.utf8']['LanguageName'] = 'Español';
$LanguagesArray['es_ES.utf8']['WindowsLocale'] = 'spanish';
$LanguagesArray['es_ES.utf8']['DecimalPoint'] = '.';
$LanguagesArray['es_ES.utf8']['ThousandsSeparator'] = ',';

users are in spanish

if a try to modify any price or cost example Prices.php?

the number format is wrong

if a change to english united kingdom works ok, but not for language spanish

Re: The number format is wrong ??

Rafael Chacón
For Spanish, the ISO format is "#.##0,00". That is comma for decimal, dot for thousands.

Where, exactly, is it not this format?

ciesac
How Can I modify this ? we use 1,000.50 this format ( we are in peru ) we speak spanish as well

Re: The number format is wrong ??

Rafael Chacón
Hi Humberto,

It is the same problem in Costa Rica: some people want to use "American format" (format in US machines), but it is not the "legal" one.

In Spanish the correct is (see Spanish language authorities):
* Comma for decimal, dot for thousands.
* Billion for 1 million x 1 million (1.000.000.000.000), not 1 thousand x 1 millon (as american English). In Spanish is the same as in British English, in German, etc.).

I warn you about using no-standard formats. Some software can not handle this and information exchange formats are based on standardised formats.

Best regards, Rafael.