The wrong balance carried forward has been fixed

The wrong balance carried forward has been fixed

Dear all,

            It's make us frustrated for a very long time. Now it's finally be fixed.

            So we'll no longer rely upon the z_RepostGLFromPeriod.php in the future and feel easy with the balance sheet result!

            And sorry for the delay of the new release. I'll speed this progress up this month.

Re: The wrong balance carried forward has been fixed

phildaintree
Woohoo!! Good job Exson...

Phil

On 2016-02-02 02:48, ExsonQu wrote:

> *Dear all,*
>
>             It's make us frustrated for a very long time. Now it's
> finally
> be fixed.
>
>             So we'll no longer rely upon the z_RepostGLFromPeriod.php
> in the
> future and feel easy with the balance sheet result!
>
>             And sorry for the delay of the new release. I'll speed this
> progress up this month.
>
>             Thanks and best regards!
>
>             Exson

Re: The wrong balance carried forward has been fixed

dcshort
Exson, Phil

I use a very old version of webERP which has been modified for our purposes and I don't really want to upgrade eveything.

Can you explain which scripts were causing the error. I can hopefully hunt down the offending lines of code and fix inour modified version.

Perhaps the logic behind the error.

Regards

David Short  -  Engineer

DC Short Ltd
135 Pilkington Rd, Panmure, Auckland, New Zealand
T:  +64 9 570 5661
M: +64 21 497 901
E: [hidden email]
W: www.dcshort.com

The information contained in this email message is privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual/s named above.  If the reader of the message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by telephone or return email.

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 12:43 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Woohoo!! Good job Exson...

Phil

On 2016-02-02 02:48, ExsonQu wrote:
> *Dear all,*
>
>             It's make us frustrated for a very long time. Now it's
> finally
> be fixed.
>
>             So we'll no longer rely upon the z_RepostGLFromPeriod.php
> in the
> future and feel easy with the balance sheet result!
>
>             And sorry for the delay of the new release. I'll speed this
> progress up this month.
>
>             Thanks and best regards!
>
>             Exson

Re: The wrong balance carried forward has been fixed

Hi, David,

                  What you need to do is just to update the GLPostings.inc. It'll not affect other feature of webERP.
                  The added code is to initiate the new added period of chartdetails properly.  The bug existed because when a new period added to the chartdetails, the bfwd is use zero as its default amount. It's not correct sometime. So we copy the previous bfwd amount of this account to those new added periods specifically. It'll ensure that the bfwd is always correct.
                  Please refer to the attached file for details.

                 GLPostings.zip

Re: The wrong balance carried forward has been fixed

Pak Ricard
Many thanks Exson.

I've spend many hours chasing this bug but it was faster than my neurons.

You did it!!!

Regards,
Ricard

<http://weberp-accounting.1478800.n4.nabble.com/file/n4658483/GLPostings.zip>

Re: The wrong balance carried forward has been fixed

phildaintree
Yes me too!
Phil

On 2016-02-02 18:10, Pak Ricard wrote:

> Many thanks Exson.
>
> I've spend many hours chasing this bug but it was faster than my
> neurons.
>
> You did it!!!
>
> Regards,
> Ricard

>> *Hi, David,*
>>
>> What you need to do is just to update the
>> GLPostings.inc.
>> It'll not affect other feature of webERP.
>> The added code is to initiate the new added
>> period of
>> chartdetails properly. The bug existed because when a new period
>> added to
>> the chartdetails, the bfwd is use zero as its default amount. It's
>> not
>> correct sometime. So we copy the previous bfwd amount of this
>> account to
>> those new added periods specifically. It'll ensure that the bfwd is
>> always
>> correct.
>> Please refer to the attached file for details.
>>
>> Thanks and best regards!
>>
>> Exson
>> GLPostings.zip
>>
> <http://weberp-accounting.1478800.n4.nabble.com/file/n4658483/GLPostings.zip
>> [1]>
>>
>> --
>> Nabble.com.

>> Site24x7 APM Insight: Get Deep Visibility into Application
>> Performance
>> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=267308311&iu=/4140
>> [3]
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1]
> http://weberp-accounting.1478800.n4.nabble.com/file/n4658483/GLPostings.zip
> [2]
> http://weberp-accounting.1478800.n4.nabble.com/The-wrong-balance-carried-forward-has-been-fixed-tp4658479p4658483.html
> [3]
> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=267308311&amp;iu=/4140

Re: The wrong balance carried forward has been fixed

Hi, Richard and Phil,

             Thank you for your kinds word!
             I just have a chance to spot what has happened.

Re: The wrong balance carried forward has been fixed

Rafael Chacón
Exson:

I think it is the opposite: We thank you for your excellent and nice job of troubleshooting (in addition to other contributions).

Regards, Rafael.

Hi, Richard and Phil,

             Thank you for your kinds word!
             I just have a chance to spot what has happened.

Re: The wrong balance carried forward has been fixed

Hi, David,

                Richard found that the bfwd amount initiation still not correct. Thank you very much for his finding and test. I've revised the GLPosting.inc file to correct this problem.
                You can get the new version from trunk or the attached file.
                Sorry for the mistake and any inconvenience caused!

              GLPostings.inc