Translation not applied

Hagay Mandel
Hi all,

I'm trying to translate webERP to Hebrew.
I've tried both ways:
    - Using poedit to translate the messages.po file.
    - Using the builtin tool - Z_poEditLangRemaining.php
In both cases I can perform the translation, and if I reopen / reload the translated text string, I can see them translated as I had modified them. but the strings in the interface are not changing!!
I do have the correct localization installed, and the permissions are set correctly.
It seems that webERP continues to use the hard coded English strings.

Any ideas?

Hagay

Re: Translation not applied

gsavix
hi.
are you using poedit on windows?
what are locale of your windows.
what is your codepage and encode of your file (use for example notepad++) to see and save many of encode (utf-8 is portable).
let me know for help.

Hi all,

I'm trying to translate webERP to Hebrew.
I've tried both ways:
    - Using poedit to translate the messages.po file.
    - Using the builtin tool - Z_poEditLangRemaining.php
In both cases I can perform the translation, and if I reopen / reload the translated text string, I can see them translated as I had modified them. but the strings in the interface are not changing!!
I do have the correct localization installed, and the permissions are set correctly.
It seems that webERP continues to use the hard coded English strings.

Any ideas?

Hagay

gilberto dos santos alves
+55(11)9-8646-5049
sao paulo - sp - brasil

Re: Translation not applied

Hagay Mandel
Hi

Thanks Gilberto and Tim for the quick replies.
I was able to solve the issue.
It turned out that the compilation done by poedit was faulty. Probably some unrecognized character, but I'm not sure 100% about it.
I started a new translation from scratch (messages.pt), and it works fine.
Thanks again!

Hagay

On 30/04/2016 03:07, gilberto dos santos alves wrote:
[...]

Rafael Chacón
Hi Hagay,

I uploaded files for Hebrew (modern)-Israel (he_IL.utf8) translation. You can download them from trunk (https://sourceforge.net/p/web-erp/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/locale/he_IL.utf8/LC_MESSAGES/).

Some tips/hints: if you have Linux poEdit,
+ If you machine is in he_IL, add an "automatically translate using 'Translation Memory'" (https://poedit.net/trac/wiki/Doc/TranslationMemory.html#WhatisTranslationMemory).

If you have problems to upload translated files to trunk, let me know.

Best regards, Rafael.