[WebERP-developers] Companies table and address consistency

[WebERP-developers] Companies table and address consistency

PPS Customer Service
Hi all,
I have been upgrading the databases to add address field 5 and 6 (my use is
for postal code and country code) but I have run into a problem. The
companies table lists the following fields:

postaladdress [varchar (50)]
regoffice1  [varchar (50)]
regoffice2  [varchar (50)]
regoffice3  [varchar (50)]

I would assume that these correspond to address1 through address4 used in
other tables. However, in the code, there seems to be some confusion
regarding the use of the above. In FTP_RadioBeacon.php (I don't know what
this code is used for, but anyway), postaladdress is not used but
regoffice1-3 are used for an address. In PrintCustTrans.php, postaladdress
is used along with regoffice1 and regoffice2 (but not regoffice3). In
includes/PDFTransPageHeader.inc, all four are used.

Also, these fields are 50 characters long whereas all the other address
tables have a 40 character max field length. This isn't a big issue since
there is relatively little connection between the companies table and others
but in the future if there is or will be a link, the fields being a
different size could be an issue.

Am I missing something here? I would like to standardize these to be
consistent with the other address fields to have six fields (labeled
regoffice1-6). I know what files need to be changed and would like to make
the change but I just wanted to get some feedback on this.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

Dave Premo

winmail.dat (2K) Download Attachment

Re: [WebERP-developers] Companies table and address consistency

weberp
Hi Dave,

FTP_RadioBeacon.php is not used although it does provide a reasonable idea of
how orders could be sent via ftp to some 3rd party.

Please do standardise them.

Phil

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:27, PPS Customer Service wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have been upgrading the databases to add address field 5 and 6 (my use is
> for postal code and country code) but I have run into a problem. The
> companies table lists the following fields:
>
> postaladdress [varchar (50)]
> regoffice1  [varchar (50)]
> regoffice2  [varchar (50)]
> regoffice3  [varchar (50)]
>
> I would assume that these correspond to address1 through address4 used in
> other tables. However, in the code, there seems to be some confusion
> regarding the use of the above. In FTP_RadioBeacon.php (I don't know what
> this code is used for, but anyway), postaladdress is not used but
> regoffice1-3 are used for an address. In PrintCustTrans.php, postaladdress
> is used along with regoffice1 and regoffice2 (but not regoffice3). In
> includes/PDFTransPageHeader.inc, all four are used.
>
> Also, these fields are 50 characters long whereas all the other address
> tables have a 40 character max field length. This isn't a big issue since
> there is relatively little connection between the companies table and
> others but in the future if there is or will be a link, the fields being a
> different size could be an issue.
>
> Am I missing something here? I would like to standardize these to be
> consistent with the other address fields to have six fields (labeled
> regoffice1-6). I know what files need to be changed and would like to make
> the change but I just wanted to get some feedback on this.
>
> Thanks in advance for everyone's help.
>
> Dave Premo

webERP Project Admin