release 4.13.1 zip archive missing xml files in companies/weberp/FormDesigns

release 4.13.1 zip archive missing xml files in companies/weberp/FormDesigns

Dale Scott
The webERP_4.13.1.zip archive downloaded from Sourceforge is missing a number of xml files from the companies/weberp/FormDesigns directory. This prevented at least the correct generation of work order PDF "Paperwork" and "Labels" files.

root@whizzer:/usr/local/www/weberp-4.13.1 # ll companies/weberp/FormDesigns
total 32
-rw-r--r-- 1 www www 5264 Feb 21 13:26 GoodsReceived.xml
-rw-r--r-- 1 www www 3901 Feb 21 13:26 Journal.xml
-rw-r--r-- 1 www www 8903 Feb 21 13:26 PickingList.xml
-rw-r--r-- 1 www www 7650 Feb 21 13:26 PurchaseOrder.xml

root@whizzer:/usr/local/www/weberp-4.13.1 # ll companies/weberpdemo/FormDesigns
total 48
-rw-r--r-- 1 www www 1702 Mar 21 15:42 FGLabel.xml
-rw-r--r-- 1 www www 5264 Mar 21 15:42 GoodsReceived.xml
-rw-r--r-- 1 www www 3901 Mar 21 15:42 Journal.xml
-rw-r--r-- 1 www www 8903 Mar 21 15:42 PickingList.xml
-rw-r--r-- 1 www www 7650 Mar 21 15:42 PurchaseOrder.xml
-rw-r--r-- 1 www www 1204 Mar 21 15:42 QALabel.xml
-rw-r--r-- 1 www www 7967 Mar 21 15:42 WOPaperwork.xml

I diff'd the files in common and they were identical. Then I copied over the files missing in weberp/ from weberpdemo/ and correct work order PDFs appear to be generated. Thanks to Tim Schofield for his help figuring this out.

How is the zip release file created? I checked the trunk branch on Sourceforge and did not see a companies/weberp directory .

For what it's worth, I would have taken the effort to enter this into a project bug tracker (even if in hindsight it turns out to be my fault and not a bug at all). I read archived mail threads proposing a project bug tracker, and understand the rationale that a quick email from a user and equally quick fix from a developer is less work than what a bug tracker will impose (e.g. enter bug, fix code, commit code, link bug to commit, close bug). However, not having a bug tracker also means there is no common or public place to store issues for fixing later (e.g. when the fix isn't quick, or isn't a high priority), and searching through mail archives for old bug reports, and then figuring if a report has already been fixed or not, becomes much more work and much less reliable than a bug tracker would have been.

I've experimented using the Sourceforge Tickers system on one of my own projects and although not perfect, it seems convenient and good enough for the basics. Bug reports could still be welcomed from casual community members through email or forum posts, but active members could take it upon themselves to create a ticket when they felt it was justified.

A side benefit to a bug tracker is the confidence it gives to the general community, showing bugs are treated seriously, reports are triaged, and resolved appropriately. There may be arguments about _how_ a bug was triaged or resolved (in particular, the ones classified as "won't fix"), but the visibility means that a bug report can't be overlooked or forgotten.

Cheers,
Dale

Re: release 4.13.1 zip archive missing xml files in companies/weberp/FormDesigns

gsavix
+1 from me.

--
gilberto dos santos alves
+5511986465049

> [...]
> not, becomes much more work and much less reliable than a bug tracker would
> have been.
>
> I've experimented using the Sourceforge Tickers system on one of my own
> projects and although not perfect, it seems convenient and good enough for
> the basics. Bug reports could still be welcomed from casual community
> members through email or forum posts, but active members could take it upon
> themselves to create a ticket when they felt it was justified.
>
> A side benefit to a bug tracker is the confidence it gives to the general
> community, showing bugs are treated seriously, reports are triaged, and
> resolved appropriately. There may be arguments about _how_ a bug was
> triaged or resolved (in particular, the ones classified as "won't fix"),
> but the visibility means that a bug report can't be overlooked or forgotten.

Weberp on php 7

Abel Guzman
HI all,

I am new to the project even when I have been following it for a few years, I have never used it. Now I ams interested about starting to use it.

I am not the best php developer, but have some experience in the past. I installed WebERP on php 7.1 with Nginx and php-fpm and Mariadb on a Debian Box.

it works but at login time Nginx was throng this error:

Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/weberp/index.php(141): GetRptLinks('fa')
#1 {main}
thrown in /var/www/weberp/index.php on line 197" while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.0.2.2, server: books.abelworld.dev, request: "GET /index.php?Application=FA HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php/php7.1-fpm.sock:", host: "books.abelworld.dev:8080", referrer: "http://books.abelworld.dev:8080/index.php?Application=GL"
2017/03/23 14:11:26 [error] 18233#18233: *36 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for strings in /var/www/weberp/index.php:197
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/weberp/index.php(141): GetRptLinks('pc')
#1 {main}
thrown in /var/www/weberp/index.php on line 197" while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.0.2.2, server: books.abelworld.dev, request: "GET /index.php?Application=PC HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php/php7.1-fpm.sock:", host: "books.abelworld.dev:8080", referrer: "http://books.abelworld.dev:8080/index.php?Application=FA"
2017/03/23 14:12:38 [error] 18233#18233: *36 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.0.2.2, server: books.abelworld.dev, request: "POST /index.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php/php7.1-fpm.sock", host: "books.abelworld.dev:8080", referrer: "http://books.abelworld.dev:8080/index.php”

This is the code in the index.php:
        $ReportList = '';
        while ($Temp = DB_fetch_array($Result)) {
          $ReportList[] = $Temp;
        }

I have changed it to:
        $ReportList = '';
        while ($Temp = DB_fetch_array($Result)) {
          array_push($ReportList, $Temp); // $ReportList[] = $Temp;
        }

And it works, I am not sure what I did is the best, but it works. I might create

Please excuse if I am not contributing the right way. Can someone point me to the right way, I have just seen the guide lines for development on the website nothing else.

Regards
Abel

Weberp on php 7

Abel Guzman