Quantcast

tim 4.0.1 weberpdemo login password problem

tim 4.0.1 weberpdemo login password problem

Dale Scott
I've installed the weberpdemo database from Tim's 4.0.1 release and cannot login using the default admin/weberp username/password. I've noticed the password for user admin is in plain text in the database. Is this correct for this release?

Dale

Re: tim 4.0.1 weberpdemo login password problem

Dale Scott
My bigger problem is not having PHP module "xml" (=expat xml-lib) installed. I'm correcting that, but in the meantime, I'm still curious if the admin user password in the weberpdemo database is supposed to be in plaintext.

Dale

Re: tim 4.0.1 weberpdemo login password problem

phildaintree
It can be but it defaults to SHA1 I think you can choose in the config to use MD5also.

Phil Daintree
Logic Works Ltd - 0275 567890

Re: tim 4.0.1 weberpdemo login password problem

Hi, Dale:

       The password should be your input during installation instead of weberp according to my test for rc2 and it should not be plain text.

Re: tim 4.0.1 weberpdemo login password problem

TimSchofield5
This post was updated on .
Hi Dale,

In the initial database that is setup the password is in plain text.
However unless you change the setting in config.php then as soon as
the password is changed it will be encrypted using sha1. Also all new
users will have their password encrypted. Its no problem to create the
initial one in the sql files to use sha1. Just change the insert
statement in weberp-demo.sql and weberp-new.sql to read sha1('weberp')
instead of weberp.

I do think it probably makes sense to remove the plain text option altogether.

Thanks
Tim

On 9 February 2011 02:47, Dale Scott <dalescott@shaw.ca> wrote:

> My bigger problem is not having PHP module "xml" (=expat xml-lib) installed.
> I'm correcting that, but in the meantime, I'm still curious if the admin
> user password in the weberpdemo database is supposed to be in plaintext.
>
> Dale

Course View Towers,
Plot 21 Yusuf Lule Road,
Kampala
T   +256 (0) 312 314 418
M +256 (0) 752 963 325
www.weberpafrica.com
@TimSchofield2
Blog: http://weberpafrica.blogspot.co.uk/

Re: tim 4.0.1 weberpdemo login password problem

Dale Scott
The problem was that I didn't have the php xml module installed. Seeing the password in the weberpdemo database was just a red-herring (I had expected it to be hashed).

On FreeBSD:

# cd /usr/ports/textproc/phpt-xml
# make install clean

I hadn't noticed this before because I was setting up a new local development server (FreeBSD server running in VirtualBox on WinVista) and the only php5 modules installed were the ones brought in as phpMyAdmin dependencies. My production server has a few more web apps, so one of them must have pulled in xml without me noticing. It's not worth submitting a patch, but INSTALL.txt could list xml as a required php module (are there any others missing that I haven't stumbled across yet?)

I don't know if anyone else is developing on Windows, but fyi, I'm really pleased with the development environment I've got on my WinVista laptop. 100% FOSS except for Windows. NetBeans IDE (auto code hints and completion, code warning and error flaging, built-in Mercurial DVCS support after installing TortoiseHg), PHPXref for generating a really nice HTML/JavaScript cross-reference including pulling out PHPDoc DocBlock comments (I've started adding DocBlocks to code I modify to help me remember what's what), FireFox Web Developer and FireBug plug-in's to review and validate rendered HTML and CSS, and as mentioned, FreeBSD in VirtualBox vm so I have a clone of my production environment running locally (well, almost a clone....), and WinSCP and PuTTY for working with the FreeBSD vm.

Dale