webERP_4.13 has been released

Dear all,

            I'm proud to announce that webERP_4.13 version has been released.

           Thank you for Phil's leadership and great contribution for this new release. And thank you for Rafael Chacón, Richard, Jan Bakke, Tim and Andrew.

          Thank you Rafael for providing a print css which make screen directly print possible. And there are many other improvements in this release from other developer and contributor. You can find this data from the doc/change of this release. We're very appreciated for those developers and users' join and contribution.

          At the mean time, there are some bugs fixed in this release including the wrong gl balance which has been obsessed us for a long time.

         Thanks you again and looking forward to your continue support!

Re: webERP_4.13 has been released

ciesac
Great Job, thanks

Re: webERP_4.13 has been released

rfthomas
Exson,

We have followed the upgrade instructions and are unable to get into the upgrade process.  It appears that possibly in session.inc the process goes into an infinite loop utilizing CPU but not requesting any database functions.  We know the ...US.mo is opened.

Steps:

1) Copied production webERP directory tree to webERP_DEV.
2) Edited config.php to point to a test data base.  We don't want to disturb the production data until ready place upgrade in production use.
3) Started webERP_DEV/index.php - system goes into an infinite loop.

If we just unzip webERP_4.13 into a new directory and then browse to index.php the installation screen is displayed.

Bob Thomas

Re: webERP_4.13 has been released

Andrew Galuski
A wild shot in the dark.
Could it be anything to do with existing session files on the web server? Are you session files part of the directory structure you copied over and hence aren't there when unzip cleanly? Session files have database name and company name in them.

Best Regards,
Andrew Galuski

We have followed the upgrade instructions and are unable to get into the upgrade process.  It appears that possibly in session.inc the process goes into an infinite loop utilizing CPU but not requesting any database functions.  We know the ...US.mo is opened.

Steps:

1) Copied production webERP directory tree to webERP_DEV.
2) Edited config.php to point to a test data base.  We don't want to disturb the production data until ready place upgrade in production use.
3) Started webERP_DEV/index.php - system goes into an infinite loop.

If we just unzip webERP_4.13 into a new directory and then browse to index.php the installation screen is displayed.

Bob Thomas

What NetFlow Analyzer can do for you? Monitors network bandwidth and traffic patterns at an interface-level. Reveals which users, apps, and protocols are consuming the most bandwidth. Provides multi-vendor support for NetFlow, J-Flow, sFlow and other flows. Make informed decisions using capacity planning reports. https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/305295220;132659582;e

Re: webERP_4.13 has been released

rfthomas
Andrew,

The session files are created and managed by the Apache server and saved in the APACHE server directory where all of the log and individual session files are saved.

Each session file has a unique very long name and contains the session variable information.  There is a session file created when we attempt the upgrade, but it is empty.

All,

Anyone have any suggestions how we can proceed?  We thought that the version of PHP might be a problem and installed PHP 7.0.3.  It broke webERP 4.12.3 showing many error messages as well as most of our other PHP applications stopped working.  We have returned to PHP 5.4.31.

Bob Thomas

Re: webERP_4.13 has been released

gsavix
hi.
i use these steps to my migrations weberp:

1-backup current database
2-create new database
3-create new weberp app directory
4-run manual migration-weberp-script on new-database
5-adjust config on new weberp for point to new-database
6-login on new-weberp environment

do not make any concurrent changes (mysql, php or so related)

look at log for what is going on (weberp and apache2 log files).

is necessary understand very clear what is base directory used by weberp.

i have made teste with this version using apache2.4.18 , mysql 5.5.48 and php5.6.18 all using windows 7 32bits with service pack sp1. install and run new version is worked fine using demonstration environment of weberp.

if your mig not works please post log for complementr analyse

Andrew,

The session files are created and managed by the Apache server and saved in
the APACHE server directory where all of the log and individual session
files are saved.

Each session file has a unique very long name and contains the session
variable information.  There is a session file created when we attempt the
upgrade, but it is empty.

All,

Anyone have any suggestions how we can proceed?  We thought that the version
of PHP might be a problem and installed PHP 7.0.3.  It broke webERP 4.12.3
showing many error messages as well as most of our other PHP applications
stopped working.  We have returned to PHP 5.4.31.

Bob Thomas

gilberto dos santos alves
+55(11)9-8646-5049
sao paulo - sp - brasil

Re: webERP_4.13 has been released

rfthomas
Gilberto,

The process goes into an infinite loop inside PHP.  We started checking the various header files and at least one deep there are only very minor changes that should not affect the operation.  We need to look deeper into the changes/updates in the lower level included libraries.

Bob Thomas

Re: webERP_4.13 has been released

rfthomas
The problem appears to have been caused by various timers set in Apache, PHP, MariaDB, and webERP and mysterious Windows-10 updates.  All of our desktops run Windows-10 and are "magically" updated (introducing new bugs).  After one of the Windows-10 updates that don't tell one what is actually being updated the infinite loop problem went away.  We then saw timeout messages from webERP, so we increased the timer value in config.php.  WebERP v4.13 is now running on our system.