[webERP-users] Bank Commissions

RL-2
Hello, how can I manage bank Commisions if I cannot
add a journal entry of a bank account?

Do I need to create the bank as a customer and then a
stock category plus a COGS posting to the right GL
account? is that the normal way?

Thanks in advance

Roberto

Re: [webERP-users] Bank Commissions

weberp
On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 02:36, RL wrote:
> Hello, how can I manage bank Commisions if I cannot
> add a journal entry of a bank account?

You can create bank account receipts and payments direct any GL account.

> Do I need to create the bank as a customer and then a
> stock category plus a COGS posting to the right GL
> account? is that the normal way?

You'd only need to do this if the bank paid their commission on a credit basis
- ie it was earned ... you invoice it allow a period for payment and you need
to keep track of how much they owe you and what your income was over a period
irrespective of how much is outstanding to be paid by the bank.

You do not need to use the COGS postings if they are not required ...
typically commission would not have a physical cost of goods sold - there are
often no goods involved in service type activities.

Phil

> Thanks in advance
>
> Roberto

webERP Project Admin