[webERP-users] Upgrade Problem Fix!

hj2004
Hi All,

Recently I found that the cause of the following problem:

--------------
Database SQL Failure : The SQL that failed was
SELECT taxgrouptaxes.calculationorder, taxauthorities.description,
taxgrouptaxes.taxauthid, taxauthorities.purchtaxglaccount,
taxgrouptaxes.taxontax, taxauthrates.taxrate FROM taxauthrates INNER
JOIN taxgrouptaxes ON taxauthrates.taxauthority=taxgrouptaxes.taxauthid
INNER JOIN taxauthorities ON
taxauthrates.taxauthority=taxauthorities.taxid WHERE
taxgrouptaxes.taxgroupid=1 AND taxauthrates.dispatchtaxprovince=1 AND
taxauthrates.taxcatid = ORDER BY taxgrouptaxes.calculationorder
-----------

when 'Enter a Supplier Invoice' (Supplier Invoice.php) is that because
the $_SESSION['DefaultTaxCategory'] gives empty string (in
\includes\DefineSuppTransClass.php), so the SQL command become invalid.

In the previous database (v3.01), the config table has 'confname' with
the value 'DefaultTaxLevel' but it's changed to 'DefaultTaxCategory in
the newer database (v3.02). I haven't checked yet, but it should be that
the upgrade script has overlooked that 'change' and causing problem for
people upgrading from previous database. This is true in my case (at least).

The fix? Just change the 'DefaultTaxLevel' to 'DefaultTaxCategory'.

The SystemParameter.php still use 'DefaultTaxLevel' though, so I'm not
sure whether it's supposed to be changed to 'DefaultTaxCategory'? Is
this still relevant for the newer tax system in v3.02-3.03?

Rgds,
Hindra

Re: [webERP-users] Upgrade Problem Fix!

weberp
Absolutely right - thanks Hindra....

In addition to the upgrade ...sql scripts the following

UPDATE config SET confname='DefaultTaxCategory' WHERE
confname='DefaultTaxLevel';

must also be applied against 3.02 and 3.03 databases for it to work!!

Phil

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 21:45, Hindra Joshua wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Recently I found that the cause of the following problem:
>
> --------------
> Database SQL Failure : The SQL that failed was
> SELECT taxgrouptaxes.calculationorder, taxauthorities.description,
> taxgrouptaxes.taxauthid, taxauthorities.purchtaxglaccount,
> taxgrouptaxes.taxontax, taxauthrates.taxrate FROM taxauthrates INNER
> JOIN taxgrouptaxes ON taxauthrates.taxauthority=taxgrouptaxes.taxauthid
> INNER JOIN taxauthorities ON
> taxauthrates.taxauthority=taxauthorities.taxid WHERE
> taxgrouptaxes.taxgroupid=1 AND taxauthrates.dispatchtaxprovince=1 AND
> taxauthrates.taxcatid = ORDER BY taxgrouptaxes.calculationorder
> -----------
>
> when 'Enter a Supplier Invoice' (Supplier Invoice.php) is that because
> the $_SESSION['DefaultTaxCategory'] gives empty string (in
> \includes\DefineSuppTransClass.php), so the SQL command become invalid.
>
> In the previous database (v3.01), the config table has 'confname' with
> the value 'DefaultTaxLevel' but it's changed to 'DefaultTaxCategory in
> the newer database (v3.02). I haven't checked yet, but it should be that
> the upgrade script has overlooked that 'change' and causing problem for
> people upgrading from previous database. This is true in my case (at
> least).
>
> The fix? Just change the 'DefaultTaxLevel' to 'DefaultTaxCategory'.
>
> The SystemParameter.php still use 'DefaultTaxLevel' though, so I'm not
> sure whether it's supposed to be changed to 'DefaultTaxCategory'? Is
> this still relevant for the newer tax system in v3.02-3.03?

Yes

> Rgds,
> Hindra

webERP Project Admin