Quantcast

[webERP-users] account sections

Andy Thompson-2
What are the account sections use for in webERP?  I'm looking at the
demo again and playing with the chart of accounts to see if it could be
adjusted to conform to our account format.  Currently we use a segmented
account (division-department-account number-sub account) but I don't see
that possibility here.

I haven't dug into the code yet to see what would be involved in
allowing an acct format like that but I assume it would not be a trivial
addition.

-andy

Re: [webERP-users] account sections

weberp
Hi Andy,

webERP doesn't have the department GL codes subdivisions - albeit that a
similar function can be acheived with the number sequence.

The account sections and account groups are how this departmental division is
acheived. This is much more flexible since a mistake in the GL code is easily
fixed by changing the account group of the account.

Phil

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 03:20, Andy Thompson wrote:

> What are the account sections use for in webERP?  I'm looking at the
> demo again and playing with the chart of accounts to see if it could be
> adjusted to conform to our account format.  Currently we use a segmented
> account (division-department-account number-sub account) but I don't see
> that possibility here.
>
> I haven't dug into the code yet to see what would be involved in
> allowing an acct format like that but I assume it would not be a trivial
> addition.
>
> -andy

Re: [webERP-users] account sections

Andy Thompson-2
Not sure I understand entirely.  Say for example I have two inventory
accounts as follows

401-410-1400-00
401-415-1400-00

Only differentiated by the department segment.  How would I set
something like that up in webERP?  It won't allow me to add two 1400
accounts with only differing account groups.  And I see that the account
section is part of the group configuration, but I don't understand how
it is used exactly.

thanks again

-andy

Phil Daintree wrote:

> Hi Andy,
>
> webERP doesn't have the department GL codes subdivisions - albeit that a
> similar function can be acheived with the number sequence.
>
> The account sections and account groups are how this departmental division is
> acheived. This is much more flexible since a mistake in the GL code is easily
> fixed by changing the account group of the account.
>
> Phil
>
> On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 03:20, Andy Thompson wrote:
>> What are the account sections use for in webERP?  I'm looking at the
>> demo again and playing with the chart of accounts to see if it could be
>> adjusted to conform to our account format.  Currently we use a segmented
>> account (division-department-account number-sub account) but I don't see
>> that possibility here.
>>
>> I haven't dug into the code yet to see what would be involved in
>> allowing an acct format like that but I assume it would not be a trivial
>> addition.
>>
>> -andy

Andy Thompson
IT Manager