[webERP-users] clean installation

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[webERP-users] clean installation

Paul Kelly-2

I have tried to do a clean installation of 3.03.  

 

On running the mysql query for a new install, I get the following message:

 

Query:

 

 

 

CREATE TABLE `accountgroups` (

`groupname` char(30) NOT NULL default '',

`sectioninaccounts` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

`pandl` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '1',

`sequenceintb` smallint(6) NOT NULL default '0',

PRIMARY KEY  (`groupname`),

KEY `SequenceInTB` (`sequenceintb`),

KEY `sectioninaccounts` (`sectioninaccounts`),

CONSTRAINT `accountgroups_ibfk_1` FOREIGN KEY (`sectioninaccounts`) REFERENCES `accountsection` (`sectionid`)

) TYPE=InnoDB

 

Line no.:33

Error Code: 1050 - Table 'accountgroups' already exists

 

 

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: [webERP-users] clean installation

Paul Kelly-2

I have realised what the problem is.  The scripts default to the ‘weberp’ database and I am using it against another one.

 

The question is, will this corrupt the old one?

 

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: [webERP-users] clean installation

eculp@unixmania.com
Quoting Paul Kelly <[hidden email]>:

> I have realised what the problem is.  The scripts default to the 'weberp'
> database and I am using it against another one.
>
>
>
> The question is, will this corrupt the old one?

I, too, repeat that far too often.  I, personally, would recommend that
lines, 12,19d be deleted and if a db creation script is needed that it
be an additional script. With the new companies option, I think it
would be much more clear.

I was bitten by it again this morning creating a new 303 installation
and no it shouldn't overwrite or corrupt your weberp database.  It
should just error out when trying to create.

ed



-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by:
Power Architecture Resource Center: Free content, downloads, discussions,
and more. http://solutions.newsforge.com/ibmarch.tmpl
_______________________________________________
web-ERP-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/web-erp-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: [webERP-users] clean installation

Paul Kelly-2
Ed,

Its good to see even the experienced also make the errors us novices make!!!

For general use, I suppose the script is OK, but for people working with a
couple databases and wanting to test new releases etc, your suggestion is a
good idea.

Going forward, the best solution could be a setup or install pack that you
run after installation, like egroupware or others, where you enter setup
details online!

Paul




-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by:
Power Architecture Resource Center: Free content, downloads, discussions,
and more. http://solutions.newsforge.com/ibmarch.tmpl
_______________________________________________
web-ERP-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/web-erp-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: [webERP-users] clean installation

eculp@unixmania.com
Quoting Paul Kelly <[hidden email]>:

> Ed,
>
> Its good to see even the experienced also make the errors us novices make!!!

We are all novices, IMO.  I am having my problems learning webERP and
its development culture that I feel that I need to understand to
eventually be in a position to help the project in some way.

>
> For general use, I suppose the script is OK, but for people working with a
> couple databases and wanting to test new releases etc, your suggestion is a
> good idea.
>
> Going forward, the best solution could be a setup or install pack that you
> run after installation, like egroupware or others, where you enter setup
> details online!

Being an old fart that has used only unix since the early 1980's, I'm
not a big fan of webbased or automated application installs but they do
usually work and are probably the better option for average
installation requirements.  It is something that should definitely be
looked at as the dust settles a bit.

Good luck with 303.

ed

> Paul
>
>
>
>
> -------------------------------------------------------
> This SF.Net email is sponsored by:
> Power Architecture Resource Center: Free content, downloads, discussions,
> and more. http://solutions.newsforge.com/ibmarch.tmpl
> _______________________________________________
> web-ERP-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/web-erp-users
>





-------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by:
Power Architecture Resource Center: Free content, downloads, discussions,
and more. http://solutions.newsforge.com/ibmarch.tmpl
_______________________________________________
web-ERP-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/web-erp-users