Quantcast

weberp installation

Farrukh Khan
Hi guys,

Since I found the installation instructions in INSTALL.txt file of webERP totally incomplete. Would you please help me to install webERP providing instructions step by step in detail.
I will be highly obliged,

Thanks,

Farrukh Khan

Re: weberp installation

TimSchofield5
This post was updated on .
Hi Farrukh,

In what way do you find the INSTALL.txt file incomplete?

I have just read it again and it seems to describe very well how to
setup a new system.

Can you describe what problems you are having with the installation?

Thanks
Tim

On 20 March 2011 11:04, Farrukh Khan <farrukhkhan2009@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Since I found the installation instructions in INSTALL.txt file of webERP
> totally incomplete. Would you please help me to install webERP providing
> instructions step by step in detail.
> I will be highly obliged,
>
> Thanks,
>
> Farrukh Khan

Course View Towers,
Plot 21 Yusuf Lule Road,
Kampala
T   +256 (0) 312 314 418
M +256 (0) 752 963 325
www.weberpafrica.com
@TimSchofield2
Blog: http://weberpafrica.blogspot.co.uk/

Re: weberp installation

russpeed300
I suggest you let them / us know details on what you are installing on. e.g. Win dows / Linux whatever.
I do it in windows using easyphp5.2.10 for the apache mysql bundle.
Russ

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 7:04 AM, Farrukh Khan <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi guys,

Since I found the installation instructions in INSTALL.txt file of webERP totally incomplete. Would you please help me to install webERP providing instructions step by step in detail.
I will be highly obliged,

Thanks,

Farrukh Khan

Regal Products Ltd
18 Freeman Rd. St. Augustine,
Trinidad & Tobago
tel- 868-663-1740 / 1
fax- 868-645-0330

Re: weberp installation

opto
Trying to install 4.0.3, only 5 tables are created (installer, Vista, Xampp).

manual install of weberpdemo.sql (command line) gives mysql error 1005.

Trying to install a single table in phpmyadmin succeeeds only, if ENGINE=InnoDB is omitted.

Using example  of mysql manual with ENGINE= InnoDB succeeds.

Any idea what to do?

any help is appreciated.

Klaus

Re: weberp installation

phildaintree
Hi Klaus,

Could you give details of what you have tried.
Did you read and follow the doc/INSTALL.txt?

What command line did you use to execute sql/mysql/weberp-demo.sql?

Phil

On 29/03/11 21:07, opto wrote:

> Trying to install 4.0.3, only 5 tables are created (installer, Vista, Xampp).
>
> manual install of weberpdemo.sql (command line) gives mysql error 1005.
>
> Trying to install a single table in phpmyadmin succeeeds only, if
> ENGINE=InnoDB is omitted.
>
> Using example  of mysql manual with ENGINE= InnoDB succeeds.
>
> Any idea what to do?
>
> any help is appreciated.
>
> Klaus

Re: weberp installation

opto
Hi Phil,

somehow my access to the mailing list doesn't work since last year, therefore I can only post on nabble.
The problem is persistent since going to 3.11.3 (?), see my old posts from last year.

I very much appreciate any help. I am interested in weberp since about 2 years but have never been able to install it after MRP was introduced resp. some major bugs removed, and MRP is what I am interested in.

I just copy my other post:

Actually, on Xampp/Vista, I have continously not been able to install any version after 3.11 because the installer has problems to create tables.

(see one of my old posts). The problem still persists:

errormessage after using weberp installer on log in:

Database Error : Could not retrieve user details on login because
Table 'weberpdemo.www_users' doesn't exist
Database SQL Failure : The SQL that failed was
SELECT * FROM www_users WHERE www_users.userid='admin' AND (www_users.password='c455582f41f589213a7d34ccb3954c67476077da' OR www_users.password='ssss')

yes, this is correct, there are only about 5 or 7 tables that have been created.
No error message during install.

....  more technical info at the end ....

Weberp is the only web application that I have over months of different releases not been able to install - sorry for my desperation and anger.

We run vtiger, web2project, mantis, you name it ... all these install scripts work.
Since 3.11.?, these tables are not created correctly. (for the demo company)

So what can I do? Use openerp? Don't really want, because we develop in PHP and data exchange or use would be easier.
I am specifically interested in the MRP aspect and we might even contribute code, as we do for web2project.
But I don't find it quite appropriate to start the debugging of a product before I even know whether I want to use it.

Again, sorry for my -- what is it - desperation (?), but it is for 2 years now that I follow the development and the mailing list, but still in all these versions am not able to install weberp as delivered. Same for the demo, which never works when I try it.

trying a manual install of weberp-demo.sql in mysql results in error 1005 on line 22 create table weberpdemo.accountsgroups  (following the install.txt, without phpmyadmin, on the windows command line using mysql --user=  ... etc.)

installing just one table (without the comments) works in phpmyadmin if I omit the ENGINE=InnoBb, otherwise there is the error.

vtiger can create innodb tables.

The my.cnf enables innodb:
# Comment the following if you are using InnoDB tables
#skip-innodb
innodb_data_home_dir = "C:/xampp/mysql/data"
innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:10M:autoextend
innodb_log_group_home_dir = "C:/xampp/mysql/data"
#innodb_log_arch_dir = "C:/xampp/mysql/data"
## You can set .._buffer_pool_size up to 50 - 80 %
## of RAM but beware of setting memory usage too high
innodb_buffer_pool_size = 100M
innodb_additional_mem_pool_size = 10M
## Set .._log_file_size to 25 % of buffer pool size
innodb_log_file_size = 5M
innodb_log_buffer_size = 8M
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit = 1
innodb_lock_wait_timeout = 50

the following table cannot be created if engine is included:
CREATE TABLE `accountsection` (
  `sectionid` int(11) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0',
  `sectionname` text NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (`sectionid`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

if I leave out the engine part, it works.

the following from the mysql manual CAN be created:

CREATE TABLE customers (a INT, b CHAR (20), INDEX (a)) ENGINE=InnoDB;

any idea what to do?

Re: weberp installation

russpeed300
I had sim problems and fiddled through them.
I use xp with an apache bundle easyphp5.2
It has to do with, from my memory, the data base you choose on install page. Maybe because weberp-demo is incomplete.
Try installing without demo and install with "weberp" . Make sure the weberp/companies file has a weberp folder it should also have a weberp-demo folder
Let the mailing list know what is happenning also suggest re dwnlding a good weberp with about 15 mb in size
Do you have a sqlyog to view tables?
The error has to do with the pwd folder wwwusers being absent or empty
Russ
Sent from my BlackBerry® device from Digicel